This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[off-topic]
    I have no issues with collectors, but I have had to deal with them. Back when I was with my ex-girlfriend (well over a year ago) and things were going very well, I stupidly agreed to co-sign on a car with her. She needed the vehicle badly, and it was pretty much set that we weren't going to split up (HAH!). Flash forward from August to December. Things go waaaaaay south and she breaks off from me after screwing around with another guy (another story).

She had the car still. About two months afterward, she rear-ends a truck and completely totals her Pontiac. She leaves a nasty voicemail saying I'd get to deal with it. Insurance wrote the car off, but the car wasn't worth the amount of the loan. Luckily, Underwriter's covered most of the remainder. By the time I had finagled the info from her to give to the Underwriters, the payment was several months late, and had finally gone into collections. I tried to get her phone number to give to the collectors, and she absolutely refused to give it to me, as she didn't want them calling. As such, I had them calling me nearly every day.

At this point I'm still waiting for the Underwriters to send me the check (since she had to submit all the information), and the damn collectors charge the account off! Ironically, the check comes in about two days later, and I negotiate a smaller payoff and get the thing taken care of. My credit has a nice mark on it now, but the thing was settled. The collectors are brutal, and sometimes understand the situation, and this one was very jaded.

You know what's ironic? She now works as a collector. It's stealing whatever's left of her soul.
    Gun control is hitting your target; recycling is reloading your brass.
    "It's not our fault the Business School makes you buy those crappy Gateways!"
    "The queue is..."

Comment

Working...
    X