This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying food OT

Markets are a good place to get cheap but good cuts of meat.
    ...but I'm a bastard and so desensitized to the scum of humanity that I'm immune to the Stun status effect.
    Quoth Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
      while I WILL dig through the meat displays to find the lowest priced package of meat, I have NEVER and WOULD NEVER stoop to switching labels.
      I also go price hunting. Makes shopping for fun that way.

Just once I want to see someone switch tags, unknowingly slapping on a tag from some expensive meat that they think is cheaper because it's the size of their fist.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Well, the lady in my story happend to take the price tag off of some relatively cheap ground chuck (hahahahah) and put the cheaper tag on a steak. What a fricken moron.

And she was bawling when the police officer came in to arrest her.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

That... that's really pretty frightening. I worked at a Fry's electronics and generally if somebody was trying to argue that something was on sale, the general direction was, well first to know what's on sale, but if that failed, see if the sale at least made sense, and then ring it up like they said.

So, what I'm thinking is maybe she's pulled this off at an electronics store; i mean nothing this ridiculous, but like getting discount prices on something that wasn't on sale, and just didn't have the mental muscle to realize that there are no 99.5% off sales on mp3s?
          "Sir, I'm afraid that our warranty does not cover hauntings"

Comment

Here we have geniuses who put fresh bread in old reduce bins bags.

We caught on and put the sticker on the hole of the bag (it's a sticker you can't take off without ruining it, zigzag cut in the middle, you know?)

We ha one woman complain she couldn't see if the reduce bin bread was fresh, and another trying to sneak a bread in a badly closed one claiming "it fell on the floor."
            My manager touched it. "I better call the electrician, the floor is warming up the bread!"

"ARE YOU CALLING ME A THIEF?"

"No, I'm calling the floor warm."

"The woman got al flustered and left the bread there.
            Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Working...
            X