This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want you to do it now

I received an escalated call from an agent with an irate customer on the line. I answered the call as calmly and soft spoken as possible, as not to sound confrontational. The customer immediately started cursing at me and saying that we would all lose our jobs after she spoke with her lawyer. I asked her what the problem was because maybe I could help her. She said that she received the email confirmation of her order and that all of her daughter's vacation clothes were going to the wrong address...an address that doesn't exist in her city. I apologized and tried to explain that when the order is returned to our warehouse, we would be happy to reship the order to the correct address (even upgrading to expedited shipping for free). Oh no, that was not good enough, she wanted the order shipped out for free now and did not want to be re-charged for it. I explained that we do not process no charge replacement orders. She screamed "it's your company's fault that my daughter's GD order is going to the wrong address and I want you to do something now!" I asked her for the order number so that I could review the order and immediately started smiling. I told her there was nothing that I could do for her right now. She was truly pissed then and was calling her lawyer. I told her to go right ahead and to make sure she gives him the order number. I said "it starts with a "W" as in WEB placed order not a "C" like a CALL placed order." She hung up on me. Man, I love my job!
    Last edited by misfit angel; 03-07-2007, 06:31 PM. Reason: correcting title name
    Misfit Angel

Heya, welcome to the boards Posting stories and venting about sucky customers can get really addictive once you start!

Hehe, that must have been really satisfying to hang up on a customer that was being such a pain!

What kind of place do you work at?
    I ride the time, it unfolds a new day,
    another time, this world would fade away
    To find true love, is like no other joy,
    our choice is here
    be happy for today

Comment

Sweet sweet victory! Awesome story!

I would be tempted to call her back and say "why did you hang up on me." I have never done that, but when I get escelated calls I want to so badly!

Comment

I work at a call center that answers for multiple clients.
        Misfit Angel

Comment

I was hoping that would be a W order, I got to the bottom and it was :-), it sucks she hung up on you before you got the chance to ask who placed the order (mommy or daughter) and/or you got to mention the big red bold letters on the confirmation page stating once orders are placed they can't be changed alterted or canceled. I love when they threaten to sue, are vacation clothes really that important to be considered damages? I hope she wastes some money on a consultation.

Comment

Quoth ukestrummer View Post
            I was hoping that would be a W order, I got to the bottom and it was :-),
            When I saw "wrong address" I just knew it was going to turn out that the customer put the address in herself gotta love it!
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
            X