This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirty rolls

Alright, so it’s the Friday Fish Fry. We serve chicken, perch, cod, haddock, walleye, and two types of shrimp.

Woman comes up and Karen helps her. She wanted a 20 piece value meal. That includes potato wedges, coleslaw, potato salad, and dinner rolls.
    First task is to get the chicken. Some of us use the metal tongs, some use our hands with disposable gloves. Karen used the tongs. The result was, grabbing a large breast with the tongs tore a little bit of the skin. The SC demanded a new piece because that one was “destroyed” by the slightly torn skin. Karen obliged, slightly annoyed.
    The dinner rolls come 12 to a bag, and the 20 piece meal includes 8. There was only one left in the current bag, so Karen grabbed an empty bag, held it open, and tipped the lone roll into the bag. One safe containment unit to another.
    “What are you doing?!”
    “Dropping the roll in”
    ”It’s been on the counter all day! It’s filthy! Get me a new one”.
    Mind you, that roll was in a BAG that was on the counter for FIVE MINUTES (we go through rolls fast during dinner).
    After Karen grabs a new bag, she notices we have no rolls up here. She says “One moment, I need to get more rolls out of the cooler”. The SC disregards her with a flip of the hand… Karen swears under her breath as she walks in the back.
    When she comes up, the SC starts complaining on how Karen ‘abandoned’ her for some ‘stupid little errand’ that ‘could wait’. Then the SC decides to try and go one step further.

“I own the Holiday Inn here in town, and I can guarantee you none of MY employees would be this bad”.

Standing at the fryers, I remark to my coworkers “Being the manager is not the same as being the owner.”.

The woman may have heard it, may not have, but she complained about poor service up front. We explain she was being unreasonable, and a couple cool customers also say she was just being… well, a bitch is how one person put it.

So yeah. Fridays during lent aren’t much fun.
    I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
    less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Quoth ahanix1989 View Post
    The SC demanded a new piece because that one was “destroyed” by the slightly torn skin.
    I can understand her point.
    I mean, you want that chicken to be in prisitine condition before you chew the shit out of it.
    ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

What an idiot. I would have spat in her rolls.

Comment

Don'tya just LOVE how she had to boast about "owning" (managing) a Holiday Inn? Being a manager isn't exactly an accomplishment -- at my old job, one of my bosses was a high school dropout.
        I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
        less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Comment

Being a manager isn't exactly an accomplishment ...
          I'm not going to say the woman wasn't an SC. She was.

However, there are a lot of us here who ARE managers and we have worked very hard.

It is, exactly, an accomplishment.
          "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
          HellGate: London

Comment

Hahaa, my ex manager was a dropout too!

I got read the Riot Act and torn a new arsehole when bagging groceries by a woman who claimed to work at another store and further claimed that she "trained" baggers every day, and that she'd never seen such a horrible bagging job. I doubted that very much and still do. She was a whack job.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

“I own the Holiday Inn here in town, and I can guarantee you none of MY employees would be this bad”.
              Confusion, Don't most standard Holiday Inn's (Holiday Inn Express excluded) have an internal restaurant? If their service is so great why wasn't she eating there.
              Tamezin

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
                What an idiot. I would have spat in her rolls.
                If that's what you "would have done", please keep it to yourself. We don't condone messing with people's food here, no matter how much you think they may have deserved it.
                Sometimes life is altered.
                Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                Uneasy with confrontation.
                Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth NightAngel View Post
                  I'm not going to say the woman wasn't an SC. She was.

However, there are a lot of us here who ARE managers and we have worked very hard.

It is, exactly, an accomplishment.
                  But, those of you who did work hard to get where you are, and worked up to a management position don't tend to run around being as SC and using your managerial position as leverage, a manner of insulting hard working CSR's, or as a way to boost your own ego whilst being a witch. Just saying.

In some places of employment, it requires actual work and intelligence to become a manager, and that makes for good managers. In other places, they let just about anyone have the job, which results in the Morons in Management thread we're so fond of here.
                  "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

I didn't mean it as a knock against all managers... just saying.... anybody could become a manager of SOMETHING. Obviously, manager of a fast food restaurant is one of the easier ones to become. Just saying "I'm a manager" doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot.

Manager of Microsoft, yes
                    Manager of McDonalds, no.

"If their service is so great why wasn't she eating there."
                    Cuz we got the best damn fried chicken in town!
                    Last edited by ahanix1989; 03-07-2007, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X