This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth atomikmoogle View Post
    This was the last customer I served before changing my job duties. I'm told the Coldstone I worked at now uses this story to teach new employees how they should deal with this type of situation.
    Silly question...how did you deal with that situation? Personally I'd have just given the chicky one of my lact-aids and told her to enjoy.

I'm lactose intolerant myself and love dairy products...but at least I know how to take care of the problem without driving everyone else nuts.

M
    I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

In New England, if you go to an ice cream stand and order a milkshake, you will get flavored milk. If you want ice cream in it, you need to order a "frappe." Note the "e" on the end: it is silent. Ordering a frapp-ay will make you sound silly.

Frappes have contained ice cream here for 50 years, probably longer. The fact that Starbucks stole the name, dropped the "e" and used it for something else doesn't mean that we here in New England can't continue calling our tasty ice cream drinks frappes if we want to.
      The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

All we need now is someone with a story about a customer ordering a mushroom omelette and asking if there are mushrooms in it.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglĂłid

Comment

I only had a guy ask me if his laptop would come with a tower

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
            Silly question...how did you deal with that situation?

M
            The front line manager took over in taking care of the customer. I couln't trust myself to say anything to the woman cause while I said this was the LAST customer I served, it was by no means the first idiot I had to deal with, not even for that night earlier I had a guy who stood in line for at least 20 minutes to ask if we sold subs there.

has anyone come across an ice cream shop that sold those. (not counting freindly's cause I don't consider them an ice cream shop anymore.)
            Hospitality means we have to act hospitible to our guests and customers...but it doesn't mean we need to like them. - the worlds greatest professor

Comment

I had a guy who stood in line for at least 20 minutes to ask if we sold subs there.

has anyone come across an ice cream shop that sold those. (not counting freindly's cause I don't consider them an ice cream shop anymore.)
              Around Here,,, Subway and Quizno's are sub and ice cream shops. I have never seen fit to find out if they serve Milkshakes, Frappe, Frapp, or other Rhyming word.

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                You mean a milkshake has milk in it? The hell ya say!

OK, I think that made my head

People like her are the reason they have those stupid warnings on the bags of nuts that say "May contain nuts."
                Or the helpful sign at Long John Silver's* that tells you their products may contain seafood or shellfish.

*US brand of SEAFOOD fast-food restaurants, for those who don't know the brand
                He loves the world...except for all the people.
                --Men at Work

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                  All we need now is someone with a story about a customer ordering a mushroom omelette and asking if there are mushrooms in it.
                  My husband will order a pizza with everything on it and then pick the mushrooms off. Or a mushroom burger. When I ask why he doesn't just order it with no mushrooms, he explains that he likes the taste it leaves behind. I guess I can understand; I've been known to order burgers with no onions, and then onion rings on the side.
                  He loves the world...except for all the people.
                  --Men at Work

Comment

Definition of a Frap

Quoth Pagan View Post
                    I had never heard of "frapp" until I was watching "The Secret Life of...." on the Food Channel and they did a show on ice cream and stuff made from it.
                    That may be true, but Starbucks WAS the originator of the term "Frappucino." Therefore, the definition of a "Frapp" or "Frappucino" is ice, Sbux base with milk, and flavoring.

I did also work at a little tiny coffee shop that sold "Frappe" (pronounced frappAY) and they made it with ice, flavor, ice cream and milk. So, I guess it depends on where you go. But to me, Frapps will always be the Starbucks version.

Elle
                    You can have your own opinions, but you can't have your own facts.

"I hope you get hit by a bus and beaten by hockey-stick-wieldling pygmies." - IMA

Comment

I took a trip over to dictionary.com to see what the definitions of frappe and milkshake are.

I have decided that they are what you think they are.

A milkshake can be either flavored milk shaken up OR the yummy ice cream drink. A frappe is pretty much any frozen drink you call a frappe. I did learn that frappe is derived from the French "Frapper" which means "to ice".
                      "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                      HellGate: London

Comment

I had a guy who stood in line for at least 20 minutes to ask if we sold subs there. )
                        I've been in 3 or 4 different Coldstones and you can pretty much SEE everything they've got right in front of you. Not to mention, he didn't have time to read the GIANT MENU BOARD while he was waiting in line?
                        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Ahhhh, that's better.

I don't have a pack of Oreos on hand at the moment (chocolate is my weakness and they don't last long around here), but I'm pretty sure there's some milk, or at the very least, some milkfat or lactose in those too.

A friend of mine had a child with a dairy allergy. He eventually grew out of it, but the first thing she would ask anyone before ordering anything was if the item had milk in it (some places have milk in the batter for chicken nuggets/tenders, some don't).
                          "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

I can see her making a peanut butter sandwich and saying, "Hmm, I hope there's no peanuts in this. I'm allergic!"

God...the stupidity...too much...can't...handle...
                            "several million years for a monkey to turn into a man. oh wait thats right. monkeys dont live several million years."
                            -FSTDT

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post
                              In New England, if you go to an ice cream stand and order a milkshake, you will get flavored milk. If you want ice cream in it, you need to order a "frappe." Note the "e" on the end: it is silent. Ordering a frapp-ay will make you sound silly.
                              errr... actually, Frappé is a french word, and in french, guess how it's pronounced? "frapp-ay" :P I've never heard anyone call it a "frapp". But then, I live in a country where French is spoken pretty much as frequently as English. Sorry, it's just a pet peeve of mine that English people will use French words and then tell US we're mispronouncing it (I am francophone)
                              GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Incidentally, "Frappé" doesn't mean to ice, it means, literally "beaten" or whipped (frapper is hitting).

I had a friend who worked at Wendy's who informed me that there was absolutely NO dairy in the Frosty "Dairy dessert" (I tried to edit my original post, but the edit wouldn't save).
                                GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Working...
                                X