Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sometimes odd questions aren't quite so silly.

One day in college we ordered pizzas for our classroom. One guy asked for one without cheese. Believe it or not they do exist, just crust, sauce and toppings.

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerk View Post
      sometimes odd questions aren't quite so silly.

One day in college we ordered pizzas for our classroom. One guy asked for one without cheese. Believe it or not they do exist, just crust, sauce and toppings.
      I he likes pizza with a cheese taste he can go the health food aisle in a supermarket and get lactose free pizza!
      Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

Quoth HALFHUMANHALFZOMBIE View Post
        Did you know there's lactose free Pizza?
        Actually, the pizza shop that I like to go to (but only on payday-they're a little pricey) offers a completely vegan pizza called the Falafel Pizza. It has *Gets menu* "hummus, falafel, veggies & tahini sauce. a [sic] true Vegan delight!"

This particular place also offers four other vegetarian pizzas, although those do have normal cheese on them. The Greek is great, and best enjoyed with the optional pine nuts.

On a perhaps relevent note, I prefer the Pepper-only, with three different types of pepperoni.
        I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

well, I can see a milkshake-type drink being called a "frappé" because the main definition is "to whip" or "to beat" I didn't realize that "to ice" was an alternate definition... that's a new one on me

I wasn't trying to accuse you of telling us we pronounce our own words wrong... it's happened to me on numerous occasions, and I was referring to the general act, not to anyone here specifically *blush*
          GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

i don't know

Quoth atomikmoogle View Post
            she HAD been to a Coldstone before what was going through that woman's mind?
            Not much it seems
            ...but I'm a bastard and so desensitized to the scum of humanity that I'm immune to the Stun status effect.
            Quoth Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth HALFHUMANHALFZOMBIE View Post
              Why yeah what a concept....

Did you know there's lactose free Pizza?
              Who makes that kind of pizza?

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
                Actually, the pizza shop that I like to go to (but only on payday-they're a little pricey) offers a completely vegan pizza called the Falafel Pizza. It has *Gets menu* "hummus, falafel, veggies & tahini sauce. a [sic] true Vegan delight!"
                Ah, I've just found my new definition for oxymoron.
                Last edited by Mr B Rabbit; 03-15-2007, 09:43 AM. Reason: Reducing quote
                Proactive Karma Engineer

Comment

actually my favourite pizza is cheese free

Tandoori Chicken from a local place back home...

tandor chicken, chutney, sliced banana, coconut shavings, and spring onions
                  I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
                    tandor chicken, chutney, sliced banana, coconut shavings, and spring onions
                    I'll be interested in what you eat if you ever get pregnant.
                    "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                    HellGate: London

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerk View Post
                      My best friend is severely intolerant to cheese, and always orders her pizzas without it. Pizza without cheese sounds weird at first, but you get used to it.

Incidentally, the origins of pizza are cheese-free. Pissaladiere (i.e. what you get in Nice) only has onions, olives and anchovies on it. No cheese, no tomato. It is the best thing in the universe to eat sitting on the beach at Nice...
                      A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
                      - Dave Barry

Comment

I have to say this has been by far the most entertaining and educational thread I've seen so far. Thanks to all for sharing your knowledge, research, and stories!

On Topic:

Yeesh, what an oblivoron (I've decided to make up my own words for SC's from now on, so an oblivoron is both oblivious and a moron). I understand that there are about a million different ways to make milkshakes and frappes or frapps or frappés or however you choose to spell that word, but seriously, if I were allergic to say, gluten (the magic protein what makes bread and pasta and other wheat based products stick together), and I walk into, oh let's say Olive Garden and order the fettucine alfredo and then ask if the pasta is made with wheat, I'd have to say I would deserve a slap upside the head. If you can't be bothered to pay enough attention to where you are, what you can and can't eat, and what you're ordering, please, stay home and drink the prettily colored fluids under the sink, save us all a bunch of trouble.

*NOTE* I, of course, would never actually wish someone to drink a bunch of cleaning fluid, but considering she was about to drink something that would make her tummy very upset, I found the hyperbolic analogy appropriate.

the first

I'm thrilled to see all the different ways of making a "milkshake", but to me, a milkshake is always ice cream, any flavorings desired, and milk to thin the ice cream out a bit. Of course, that's for a homemade milkshake using a regular blender instead of the super-uber-high-powered blenders I'm sure professional places have.

the second

Ms. Elle - You were allowed to call the Frappuccino (tm) a Frapp?!?? You are so lucky. When I worked for Sbucks lo these many years ago, if we called it a Frapp, especially if we were calling the drink to the barista, we got in trouble. It was so bad, if a DM heard you say Frapp on duty? Yeah, that was a write up.
                        There is a slight flaw in my character.

Comment

Quoth ladylabyrinth View Post

Ms. Elle - You were allowed to call the Frappuccino (tm) a Frapp?!?? You are so lucky. When I worked for Sbucks lo these many years ago, if we called it a Frapp, especially if we were calling the drink to the barista, we got in trouble. It was so bad, if a DM heard you say Frapp on duty? Yeah, that was a write up.
                          wow, that just screams anal retentive
                          Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Quoth ladylabyrinth View Post

I'm thrilled to see all the different ways of making a "milkshake", but to me, a milkshake is always ice cream, any flavorings desired, and milk to thin the ice cream out a bit. Of course, that's for a homemade milkshake using a regular blender instead of the super-uber-high-powered blenders I'm sure professional places have.
                            Yea our blenders were basically the same thing you would have at home, just with pre-programed blend times so we hit a button and the blender runs and stops automatically.
                            Hospitality means we have to act hospitible to our guests and customers...but it doesn't mean we need to like them. - the worlds greatest professor

Comment

Working...
                            X