X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

english boys

Quoth SuperB View Post
    You know that style where the guys wear their pants down below their boxers, sometimes belted at the butt?
    I bet you would enjoy living in London. The boys here wear their trousers below their butt, so that they are forced to walk like a duck to make sure their trousers stay on.
    They also stand with their legs open to to avoid the same problem.
    I will put a link when I find on...
    ...but I'm a bastard and so desensitized to the scum of humanity that I'm immune to the Stun status effect.
    Quoth Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      His summertime version of this look is even more hilarious--jean shorts that would probably come down to his knees if he wore them around his waist like he's supposed to, but because he wears them so high they look more like neatly hemmed Daisy Dukes. He completes the look with white socks pulled up to his knees and black sneakers, and tucks his shirt into his shorts. Ooh la la!
      Oooh! Is he single? I'll need directions to Sector 7-G...I wanna meet him! Mrowr!
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth SuperB View Post
        You know that style where the guys wear their pants down below their boxers, sometimes belted at the butt? One summer I had a guy in wearing that same style, very low pants. Problem is, he wasn't wearing boxers. Or any type of underwear. In fact, I didn't even want to think about what was holding up his pants.
        First of all, I have to comment that this is one style that I will be glad to see become passe. It's just so stooooopid. I love it though when you see these guys pull their pants up, and then pull them partly back down again.

I went to Subway last week for lunch, and there were two middle-aged women and one young guy behind the counter. The two women were both in uniform: Subway polos and visors. The young guy was, for some reason, dressed in full-on gangster wear: baggy T-shirt leagues too large for his skinny frame, baseball cap turned sideways, and enormous pants worn so low that the back pockets hit around his knees. I will never understand why suburban white guys want to look like gangsters.

He didn't handle the food but he was working the register, and I had to wonder why he wasn't dressed appropriately. I realize I just posted last week about a CS complaining to a corporate office about a sales clerk's tiny little nose ring, but the fact that the other employees were in uniform only emphasized the absurdity of his attire.
        He loves the world...except for all the people.
        --Men at Work

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
          I just don't get the whole "jeans cut so low you need a brazillian just to wear them" thing. That cannot be comfortable. Jeans look good a few inches below your waist, but geez, at some point they stop looking like low jeans and start looking like high socks.

(snipperoo)

I guess I'm just too uncool to get it.
          Not to mention it's nearly impossible to find women's jeans that fit at the natural waist anymore. I am not blessed in the hip/butt/thigh department; I'm topheavy. So low- or mid-rise jeans are neither comfortable nor flattering to me. Hubby and I were dining at the Crimson Crustacean recently, and all the female servers were wearing low-rise black slacks with white dress shirts tucked into them. We got a good look at this when a server bent over a table close to us. Like you, I thought that just can't be comfortable. Reminded me of someone trying to wear a pair of pantyhose that were too short.
          --Men at Work

Comment

Quoth Cesii View Post
            I bet you would enjoy living in London. The boys here wear their trousers below their butt, so that they are forced to walk like a duck to make sure their trousers stay on.
            They also stand with their legs open to to avoid the same problem.
            I will put a link when I find on...
            Gah! Chavs!

http://www.chavscum.co.uk/

Pretty much what we consider the "gangster" or "hip-hop" culture in the US, only filtered through the "white trash" element.
            --Men at Work

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
              Oooh! Is he single? I'll need directions to Sector 7-G...I wanna meet him! Mrowr!
              Shockingly, he is married. So sorry.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

And now the flip-side to the "jeans so low and baggy it looks like you shat your undies for a week without changing them" look--the "tight pants pulled up to your nipples" look.
                Almost broke rule #1 when I read that!

We have a lot of customers who dress like that, both male and female, and they're all old. Maybe when I'm 60, or whatever the appropriate age is, I'll 'get it' and dress like them.
                It's like I'm wearing Eau de Moron and all of the idiots and assholes are attracted to me... -JuniorMintz

Comment

And now the flip-side to the "jeans so low and baggy it looks like you shat your undies for a week without changing them" look--the "tight pants pulled up to your nipples" look.

This is the look favored by one of our department supervisors. I swear if he were a black man, he'd look like Steve Urkel all grown up.

His summertime version of this look is even more hilarious--jean shorts that would probably come down to his knees if he wore them around his waist like he's supposed to, but because he wears them so high they look more like neatly hemmed Daisy Dukes. He completes the look with white socks pulled up to his knees and black sneakers, and tucks his shirt into his shorts. Ooh la la!
                  Well isn't he just the damn sex. Shudder.

I don't understand. I can understand old ladies dressing on hideous clothing because it was popular when they were young, or even suspenders. But the Urkel look was NEVER popular! That degree of faux pas should be punishable by law. It hurts me eyes.
                  "several million years for a monkey to turn into a man. oh wait thats right. monkeys dont live several million years."
                  -FSTDT

Comment

Working...
                  X