This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salad thief

To begin, we have little coupons that give $1 off salads. We're supposed to give one out with each dinner purchased, but none of us ever do. Ever. (Come on, they're buying fried chicken, what the hell are they gonna do with a salad coupon?) When I started, we had a container full of these coupons. That was six months ago. It's still full, untouched.

Our salads are sold at $3.99/pound. If you get a container with one pound of lettuce, it's $3.99. One pound of crab meat, it's $3.99.

Guy comes up, has us weigh his salad. I just sorta stand behind Andrea and observe, having nothing else to do. Andrea weighs it out to $4.86. He mentions he has a salad bar coupon, so we stand around, waiting for it to appear. He goes through his wallet twice, can't find it. Andrea already marked down "3.86-C", so she decides to just honor it anyway. Hell, he put more salad dressing on it than anything. After a moment he wanders away, and we go up to the office to relax.

The thing about the office is, it's elevated and has one-way mirrors. We see the guy walk around the store, walk up to the salad bar, add more to his salad, and pay for the food and leave.

So... his original salad was $4.86, we honored his lost coupon to $3.86.... and he proceeded to add more to his salad, never paying for the added amount.

---

Later, I get to take the coupons up front. Deb asks if we honored a coupon for a salad. "Yes.... he said he forgot it" I find out, this guy has done it several times in the past. He claims he lost the coupon, gets the discount, then adds more to the container and walks out before anybody notices.

I have her permission, in the future, to flat out refuse to serve this guy in the future. And I mean, I'm good at memorizing people, and this dude.... HORRIBLE dye job on his hair, and a very memorable face. Not like he can wander up front and pay for it... the deli has the only scale in the store

But come on... stealing salads?
    I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
    less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

you'd be surprise what ppl think is free at the grocery store.
    History repeats, the names and dates change, but its always the same old story.

Comment

At my shop, this one guy, came up, with our most expensive item, and tried telling me, that he had a coupon for about 1/2 off the price, for that item. I told him, that we don't issue coupons. He got upset, and yelled at me, that I have to honor this and that. My boss, came walking back into the shop, and flat out, told him to leave, and that he is banned.
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I love it when they insist that there is a coupon for an item, and expect you to honor it. If you know there is a coupon, why didn't you bring it? No I will not dig through my coupons to find a used one that You can use. I work here and I can't even get away with this! No way are you going to!
        WELCOME

Be Nice or I'll Make the Sun Go Away.

Comment

I eat salad with fried chicken. i like it. To be fair, if you guys never give out the coupons that you are supposed to, it seems a bit like sauce for the goose to complain about a customer who says he has a coupon but then can't find it !

It was extremely out of order for the guy to add extra salad to his dish after he walked away though. Like you say, that's flat out thievery.
          A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
          - Dave Barry

Comment

We don't care about the coupons, so we don't bother. Not even the boss gives them out. We sell so little salad, I'm surprised it's even profitable.

I don't understand the phrase "sauce for the goose"...
            [AHANIX DOES NOT COMPREHEND]

If I weren't so exhausted, I would've just skipped (Yes... I literally skip at work. It helps us all relax during a rush, and we like to have fun) up front, "Lemme weigh that again for you sir, it appears to have gained a pound ", skipped back, weighed it, scribbled out the 3.86, and put down 6.32 or whatever it went up to
            I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
            less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Comment

Working...
            X