Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you want your check to be written over, you have to TELL me!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you want your check to be written over, you have to TELL me!

Okay. This lady wasn't really that bad...but she pissed me off all the same. This happened a few weeks ago, I just haven't had much time to post...I've been lurking for like a minute here and there though..lol.

So...this lady comes in, and I ring up her stuff, and she tells her son to get a phone card...so I ring up that at the end and then tell her the total (the transaction went smoothly...she was nice up until the end, talking to me and stuff.)

Then she whips out her debit card, and tries to use it. She wanted cash back (She just mentioned she wanted "cash back." She didn't say how much she wanted at all...this comes into play). It pops up for me before the signature capture screen on the pinpad comes up that funds are not available. So I show her that slip that popped out for me, and then she tries her card again, this time wtihout the cash back. I figured this would be okay. But no...the card is declined yet again, and for funds not available.

So she digs out her checkbook. She just tears it out and hands it to me (since we have EFT) and I just put it through and it all goes fine (which I have no idea why it does so when it takes it out immediately from the checking account...which is what the debit card was linked to...and it said funds not available...but I digress)

AFTER she signs the check slip, she asks me "did you make that for 20 over?" I tell her no, and she was like "I WANTED it for 20 over!" She didn't effin TELL me anything! If she would have TOLD me that she wanted it for over, I would have done it!

So then she yells at her son to get something else to ring up so she can write ANOTHER check just to get some cash (ever heard of an ATM lady?) So her son grabs another phone card. I scan it, and activate it like normal, and set it down on the counter. Then I take the other check, put it in for $20 over, and run it. Then it got fun.

She saw the TWO phone cards on the counter, and started screaming at me about it.

"I wanted ONE phone card, and there's TWO here! You charged me for TWO! I don't want TWO! Are you stupid or something?"

I then told her that the first phone card was the one that she had her son get on the first transaction. The second one was from her son grabbing another one for her to get her precious $20. (not in those words, of course).

I guess she didn't see that her son grabbed another phone card. So she proceeded to scream at him for grabbing another one when he didn't need it.

The moral of the story: if you want the check printed for over the amount (we can go up to $20) TELL me! I guess she thought I have ESP (that, or I just make everyone's checks over $20, and just pocket it..lol. NO....I don't do that!)
    "I'm not even supposed to BE here today!"

I guess she expected you to be like Mr. Spock & do a vulcan mind meld or something....lol.

Comment

I guess she figured that since she originally wanted cash back on the debit card..? but then she never told you how much so I guess you were still supposed to read her mind..
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

If the debit card was denied for insufficient funds, that would mean that the checking account didn't have the funds for the checks either. Wanna make a bet the checks get returned?
        This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Quoth bigjimaz View Post
          If the debit card was denied for insufficient funds, that would mean that the checking account didn't have the funds for the checks either. Wanna make a bet the checks get returned?
          I was thinking that too.
          "several million years for a monkey to turn into a man. oh wait thats right. monkeys dont live several million years."
          -FSTDT

Comment

Working...
          X