This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revising History

Had a guy come up to my register today with a package of self-seal laminating pouches.

SC: Are these for laminating?

Me (looking at the big bold letters that say LAMINATING): Yes

SC: And they're self sealing?

Me(looking at the big bold letters that say SELF-SEAL): Yes

He bought them. not ten minutes later, he comes storming back up to my register with a large box of HEAT-seal laminating sheets - which he had ripped open - and throws them up on the counter, along with the ones he had previously purchased.

SC: THESE ARE THE WRONG ONES, DAVE!!!!! THEY AREN'T FOR LAMINATING!

*I look at him like he has ten heads*

SC: Look. *pulls out a self-seal pouch* You can't even see through this. This isn't a laminating thing at all!

*Hands me a pouch. I hold it up and see that it is......crystal clear*

Me: Um......ok........you know that the nes you brought up are HEAT-seal, right?

SC: YES!!!! THAT'S WHAT I WANTED!!!!!!

Me: OK, fine.

I did the exchange for him, and thankfully he didn't raise a fuss over the second package being about 4 times more expensive than the first. I mean really, what the hell? He ASKED are these SELF SEAL, then bought SELF SEAL when he wanted heat seal? And somehow thought they weren't really for laminating? They were clear? How much more clear than CRYSTAL CLEAR does he need? Because of his stupidity, we now have to throw out a perfectly good set of pouches. I wanted to reach across the counter and deliver a dope slap, hard.

"We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.
Working...
X