This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The simple things...

As a bank teller I have many annoying customers who refuse to believe me when I tell them about bank policies.

There is one customer I call "Dripping Nose" (and he deserves it, uck). Dripping nose came in one day to deposit some traveler checks. He counter signed and signed the back, but did not fill out the "Pay to the order of..." part. This is VERY important (if you don't fill it out, anyone can put their name on it and cash it as their own, specially if it is already counter signed) I tried to expain this and Dripping Nose dissmissed it. So I double checked it with my boss, thats when he started yelling, complaining, speaking about being a customer for 20 some odd years and grinding my nerves. He finally did what he needed to do, but man I wish I had a flame thrower!

Shada

The criminal who steals your cheques does not care if you've been a customer of Whatever Bank for 20 years. He should have filled them out long before getting to the teller.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

I always fill out the deposit slips before I get into line. Then I sign the checks when I get to the teller. Until recently, when they didn't have any deposit slips out.
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I used to get people paying with traveler checks and they could never get it straight. It'd be completely blank and they'd sign one spot but not the other. Or they'd sign their name in the Pay To spot. Or they'd sign both signature lines but not make it out to us (those I'd just fill in myself, quicker that way but I made sure they saw me doing it). Or they'd fill in everything correctly but leave the date blank. When I took a school trip to Canada when I was 12 I had travel checks, they showed me how to use them at the bank when I first bought them, and I had no problem when I used them. Seriously, it's not that hard.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
        X