This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor lying strategy.

Last week an old woman, we'll call her "Granny", came in to complain about another employee in the store.

The girl, we'll call her "Girly", she came in to complain about is awesome. She's new in a business that no one ever masters (used books) and makes mistakes. It's also not a job you can be trained for. You just can't tell someone everything they need to know. You can just catch the mistakes and tell them why it was wrong. We've found that it is better to have people make mistakes in favor of buying than in not buying. That way we have something to point to and they can learn. Paying for these mistakes is the training budget.

Another cool thing is that a novice will often know something useful that a 30 year vetran will not.

Back to the story. Granny comes in and tells us that Girly told her that we would buy back some books she bought and turned her down when she tried to return the books. Whenever this is asked we always tell people that it depends on condition, current stock, if it is still in demand, yadda, yadda, yadda. I've seen Girly give the speach.

Girly's new it could be true. This is where Granny screwed up. She told us Girly was rude, yelled and swore at her. That was definately not true. We know the people we work with. It's just not in her nature.

Becaue Granny told me something that I know wasn't true I dismissed her whole story.

If they're going to lie they need to be smarter about it.
    Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

lying

This kind of thing happens all the time where I work, but it usually relates to people lying about working somewhere so they can get a discount they are not entitled to. Whats really funny is when we call their bluff and proceed to charge them full list on their parts

Comment

I had a guy come into my shop to complain about one of my employees and he wanted a discount to ease his pain. I asked him what the complaint was about and he said that the guy who worked for me was rude. obnoxious and wasn't at all helpful.
      To which i replyed.

"Well, that's funny, since I'm the only person who works here!"
      If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried!

Comment

Heh, I had this kind of thing happen to me just yesterday. I was working as a "team leader" (translation: Supervisors are busy, ominousoat, pretend to be one) anyhow, I had a call transferred to me and there was a man who was speaking...very...slowly...and he articulated everything perfectly, but you could tell it was a chore for him. Anyhow, he started the call with this:

SC: Greetings, my names is [name], I believe that your employees may have been spreading lies and rumors about me because they do not like me. As you may see, they have been writing bad things about me on your computer about me yelling, cussing, and being unreasonable. I am a civil and educated man, and I do not appreciate these things, I believe you should launch an investigation against these people.

ME: Well, we can pull up those phone calls.

SC: No need, I will take a polygraph test.

ME: Um, okay, we'll investigate.

Okay, now how would this man know what we were typing about him over the phone? Oddly enough, EVERY note ever made about him said something to the effect of "customer was unreasonable, started yelling, had to disconnect call after he started cursing." Has he ever heard the term "Methinks she doth protest to much"?
        Your dignity shredded in five minutes or less, or your abuse is free.

Comment

Working...
        X