Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pause to take a breath between insults!

This post is about how SCs just start barking at the first person they can get ahold of. THIS little old lady needed to speak to her claim rep., not anyone in customer service, not me!

SC
    Me

Me: Thank you for calling, this is SmileyBouncer. May I have your name please?
    SC: The name is Josephine and my NUMBER is 09328402
    Me: What can I do for you Josephi-
    SC: (interrupts here) Now I want to know about getting my 800 dollars because my husbands doctor is taking a long time for filling out that form (insert about 2 minutes about her husbands gross condition here) it was just a few weeks of treatment and I dont know why you send this LIST it's STUPID (here she's referring to the list the client fills out to indicate how much money they spent and what they havent been reimbursed for yet. it's a really. simple. form.)
    Me: I'm sorry to hear that Josephine, if your doctor is being slow you can simply sign the waiver for-
    SC: well i dont see why it all has to be such a big deal with all this paperwork!! Its really ridiculous why cant you just send out money why do we have to write all of this informatio- (we send 2 pages, even for claims up to 1 million dollars. she goes on for another two minutes about the company)
    Me: Ma'am- excuse me? I'd like to help you speak to--- ma'am?!?
    SC: (now she's just talking over me) and my husband just got a little sick for a week now i sent in the itinerary a week ago on march and MY SISTER CLARA on the fifteenth...

-I try to interject again to no avail. At this point she's just spouting dates, the mute button is down and i'm jokingly pulling the headset on and off my ear, people in my row can hear her muffled barking. She wouldnt pause to breathe! 7 min. call so far-then Finally I shoved my words between hers:
    Me: MA'AM-It sounds like you REALLY need to communicate with your claim rep right now, Josephine. I'd like to connect you to them.
    then I hear the voice on the phone say "hey Josephine, come back here" ! I guess it was Clara- at some point they switched! a totally different little old lady was barking at me and I couldnt even hear the switch- the flow was so solid! I transferred her to her rep's voicemail. I cant imagine how long that message will be.

i feel your pain, my mom's like that, even with me.

no one understands what she's saying, even after they repeat what she said back to her, so she says the whole long detailed story AGAIN!
    You have the right to behave badly. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a blog of my choice.

Comment

I always felt bad interrupting people when they'd start in on their long saga of why they need a donation or whatever. But I'm not the person they need to talk to so as soon as I ascertained that I couldn't help them I'd just interrupt and say something to the effect of "so you don't have to repeat your whole story again, let me get the community relations manager for you because she's the one you need to speak to." Always expected someone to get annoyed at being interrupted but no one did.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
      X