This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Stuff

So a few weeks ago I had this customer. He came in, went straight for the digital camcorders, by the time I got there to ask him if he wanted help he already knew which one he wanted. Alright no problem I'll go get it. So I do and I bring it to cash with him and...

Me:"Well just so you know, you don't get any DV tapes with this camera, we have a pair for $15.88 right now."
    SC:"Oh well that's no problem, you're just gonna throw them in free." *stupid grin on his face*
    Me:"I don't think so. I can't do that." (which is true, managers are the only one's who can authorize that and they like NEVER do it)
    SC:"Oh come on it's only $16 bux just throw it in Comp_Geek."
    Me:"That's not going to happen. I'm not allowed to do that."
    SC:"Awww come on. I went to Future Shop and they were going to throw them in for me." *all the while with the stupid on his face*
    Me:"Well the closest one is the next exit off the highway, about 5 minutes that a way."*points in direction*
    SC: "Oh ummm.. well they didn't have it so that's why I came here to buy it." **
    Me:"Oh that's weird they're usually good with stock, and the other FS is another 5 minutes down the highway."

*mind you we're still at cash right now and he hasn't allowed the cashier to scan the camera. Luckily there is like no one in the store*
    SC:"Well come on I spend so much money here. I bought a $2000 computer the other week and before that two laptops, I've spent so much money in this store in the past month. [wait for it...wait for it...] I'm one of your best customers. I've spent thousands of dollars this month already and now another $500 on this camera."

Me:"So what's another $16 then? You have yourself a good day."

As I was leaving I heard the cashier ask him if he had our membership/points type card. He said no and she was on the ball:
    CoolCashier:"Oh, well if you're as good a customer as you say you are, how come you don't have it? You should consider getting it..."

+++++++++++++++++++
    Seriously, stop asking for free stuff! As little inclination as I've got to give you something free when you come in the store, the moment you ASK for it straight out, with no other reason for it except "I spend so much money here" it's not going to happen. We appreciate your business, yes, but don't take advantage of us. We don't make NEARLY as much if ANYTHING on the technology we sell, it's the small crap(CDs, DVDs, media, mice, etc.) that gets us the biggest margin.

And PLEASE, PLEASE stop saying that our competitor was gonna to bend over backwards, give you a backrub, cook you dinner and help your kids with their homework if you bought at their store. You just look stupid. And no, talking to a manager won't help.
    "They have the internet on computers now?"
    ~Homer Simpson

Another day at work, another broken desk

I hate the people that make stupid jokes about free stuff

Me: Oh, this doesn't have a price, let me go find out for you
    SC: Oh, it must be free then
    Me: Heh I'll be right back.

Comment

Quoth tonydanza
      I hate the people that make stupid jokes about free stuff

Me: Oh, this doesn't have a price, let me go find out for you
      SC: Oh, it must be free then
      Me: Heh I'll be right back.
      Me:Heh Just went up 20 bux.
      "They have the internet on computers now?"
      ~Homer Simpson

Another day at work, another broken desk

Comment

Quoth Comp_geek

As I was leaving I heard the cashier ask him if he had our membership/points type card. He said no and she was on the ball:
        CoolCashier:"Oh, well if you're as good a customer as you say you are, how come you don't have it? You should consider getting it..."
        Yes! That's how to deal with the "I spend $$$$ here" Customer. Sell them a store membership/ card! Take the offensive and keep talking till they forget what they were asking for.
        "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

Working...
        X