This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wintertime Plant shopping.

I'm glad that's over. Well has been for over 2 years at my store.... Winter plant shopping was a pain because they need so many bags over then plants to keep them from getting frostbitten. in Winter 2005 there were so many flippin people buying plants but Winter 2006-2007 I hardly see anyone buying plants. Did they learn their lesson?
    Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

lol. that would be me. i live in a dorm so i am not really allowed to keep pets. so i have been getting plants. you have no idea how hard it is to track down soil and seeds in the middle of winter. :P
    History repeats, the names and dates change, but its always the same old story.

Comment

Quoth Sailornight6 View Post
      lol. that would be me. i live in a dorm so i am not really allowed to keep pets. so i have been getting plants. you have no idea how hard it is to track down soil and seeds in the middle of winter. :P
      Man if only the weather was nicer where you can track down seeds and soil.

Had more people shop for plants when it's cold out. They ask me (So how are we going to do this durr?) And i m like thinking (Wait until the weather is nice because they are going to die anyways) but to stop my rant to favor sailornight post I thing the Seasonal Department should have their plants wrapped with something for that special occasion. Got I hate wintertime plants. Makes me think the weather is nicer!!

Comment

I just bought a 4 inch potted rose bush the other day.

Its already wilting

I water it daily (it was rather dry) but a lot of leaves are going curly. Hopefully this is natural die-back or something... one of the half-opened buds is dying too. I think I'm setting a record for 'fastest ever killed a plant'
        Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

try a spider plant...the one in our office seems to thrive on flourescent light and getting watered every other day or so. We have no natural light whatsoever in our office. This thing is sitting on the top of the cube wall and has a "leg" all the way down to the floor in the next cube. ...i hope it doesn't attack...
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Horsetuna View Post
            I think I'm setting a record for 'fastest ever killed a plant'
            Impossible as long as I'm alive.

My mother is a fantastic gardener, etc., and has a green thumb from the heavens. She is brilliant with plants.

I did not inherit her gifts. I have killed every plant that has been encharged to my care. Not just quickly, but virtually instantly. It's as if the plants KNEW I was the Keeper of the Black Thumb.

Of course, the fact that my mind is that of a cook and I look on plants as either ingredients or garnish may have something to do with it.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Hee. could be.

I hope Rosy lives though... I want a rosebush!
              Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                try a spider plant...
                ......This thing is sitting on the top of the cube wall and has a "leg" all the way down to the floor in the next cube. ...i hope it doesn't attack...
                Maybe the plant's intents aren't to attack your cube neighbor physically, but to steal, and bring to you, his/her chocolates or other goodies that the plant knows that you like!

Mike
                Meow.........

Comment

This isn't a topic about plants

This is a topic about those morons who make us cashiers cover their medium or large sized plants up entirely of bags because the weather is freezing cold and they're too stupid to wait until it's nice out to buy plants

Comment

Quoth JustaCashier View Post
                    Maybe the plant's intents aren't to attack your cube neighbor physically, but to steal, and bring to you, his/her chocolates or other goodies that the plant knows that you like!

Mike
                    heehee...It's actually in the cube on the other side of me, and the really long leg is in the cube next to him (oddly, it actually belongs to the guy on the other side of the aisle from him, who about every 2 days or so will be heard to say "Did you water my plant?"). It hasn't made it's way into my cube. Yet.

(In other words, it belongs to D, it's at the top of P's cube, and it is encroaching on G. I sit on the other side of P's other wall. If our cubes are a plus sign, + P is top left, G is bottom left, and I am top right. D sits on P's other side and there is an aisle between them.)
                    Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 04-09-2007, 10:56 PM.
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

What's "winter"?
                      Quote Dalesys:
                      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Working...
                      X