This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth greensinestro View Post
    Anyhow, she was upset with the fact that she is no longer receiving the 400 plus e-mails a day for her business (which she pays residential rates on, by the way), as well as the fact that it takes "hours and hours" for her e-mails to come through.
    Wouldn't that be a violation of the TOS she agreed to when she signed up for service? It usually is when people sign up for a residential account with an ISP.

I just thought that'd be an easy way to get rid of her...

Comment

Yet, another story on difficult customers. This lady called in earlier ranting and raving (in perfect English) that she has been holding for nearly an hour to speak to one of our Spanish representatives. The notes showed she had been transferred there three times by an English speaking rep. When I got her, screaming in my ear, of course, I politely offered to help her, advising her the English que was not as busy as the Spanish. "No! I demand a Spanish rep and will not for the life of me speak in English!" although she was speaking to me in English. I then told her I would be happy to give her to a Spanish rep, but she would be waiting much longer unless she wanted me to assist her. Finally, after politely telling her this, she let me help her, although she had to one more time state her disdain that I was not speaking Spanish to her.

Why was she calling? She wanted to cancel her internet! That is all! It wasn't a complicated request. She simply wanted to remove a service, yet she wasn't going to do it unless it was in the language she preferred, even though this woman was bilingual and could speak English perfectly!

Comment

Yikes. Not only was she making a totally unnecessary demand, but she pulled the "I've been holding for..." card, too. How obnoxious.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I can see people making a stink about that in Canada, because the country has two official languages (gov't departments are REQUIRED to provide bilingual service, at the federal level).... but in the US, forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't the official language ENGLISH? That means that no one, not even the Government, is REQUIRED to provide service in any other language. That gov't departments and certain corporations do so is a COURTESY, not a RIGHT.....
          GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
            I can see people making a stink about that in Canada, because the country has two official languages (gov't departments are REQUIRED to provide bilingual service, at the federal level).... but in the US, forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't the official language ENGLISH? That means that no one, not even the Government, is REQUIRED to provide service in any other language. That gov't departments and certain corporations do so is a COURTESY, not a RIGHT.....
            I've been in trouble over the language issue before, so I won't comment on English being our official language. However, my point in this was the fact that this hour she claimed she was spending waiting on a Spanish rep could have been avoided had she let an English speaking rep help her. She was of Spanish descent and therefore this was most likely her first language, but the fact that she could also speak English means either she spoke this from childhood and could speak it as fluently as she could Spanish, or Spanish was her official language and therefore she learned how to speak English in order to assimilate herself into American culture. Therefore, her nasty and rude demand to speak to a Spanish rep was totally uncalled for.

Comment

English is not the official language of America, for America has no official language.

English isn't even the official language of England...

Funny old world, eh?

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                English is not the official language of America, for America has no official language.
                He's right.... I just wish we'd pick a language. I would learn KLINGON if we would just all speak it.

Comment

Ferengi might be nice, but I think the best would be Tolkein's Elvish.

Yeah, fantasy nerd and proud of it, but I've never gone to the trouble (yet) of learning a made-up language.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                    Aaaaand I believe it's illegal to record someone without their knowledge, innit?

Not that I think she was telling the truth about that.
                    This varies from state to state in the U.S. In some states only one side of the conversation has to know they are on tape. Third party taping of phone conversation is always illeagle, unless law enforcement is involved, and they have strict rules to follow.
                    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                    X