Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I assume she's never bought paracetamol?
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth quitcallingme View Post
      It is a fairly common medication. Thing is, we ALL (most likely) have meds in our house that will kill if you OD on them.

I just wonder who in the hell she has in her house that would use the med in question to go on a killing spree?
      That pretty much applies to what... every medication ever created? Even vitamins. You might have to take an insane amount of them to get such an effect but it's possible.

Although if she wants a cheap safe there's always something like a nano vault - and you can get them as cheap as 20-30 bucks in a sporting-goods section, depending on the size you get. The bottles should fit in pretty well.

Comment

Like has been said before... Control who you invite into your house if you think they might go on a murder spree.

Comment

"OH DEAR GOD, EVERYONE STAND BACK! HE'S GOT A BACKPACK FULL OF PAINKILLERS!"
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Eat enough carrots and the vitamin A will kill you. Someone check her vegetable drawer!
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Sounds like a fr*ckin' nutcase to me. If five of these pills will kill people, then I guess she should tell her doctor not to prescribe more than FOUR of the damn things for her next time.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

When I worked in Chemistry labs doing OHS work the following quote was often said: "Everything is toxic it is only the amount that varies." I checked google and it comes from Paracelsus quote of "All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous."

A lot of people when they hear the quote try to argue that water isn't toxic and get upset when you point out you can't breath 100% water, or drink too much etc.

Comment

Quoth TopEndDave View Post
                  A lot of people when they hear the quote try to argue that water isn't toxic and get upset when you point out you can't breath 100% water, or drink too much etc.
                  Yup. Drink too much water, and you end up overdiluting your body. Insufficient electrolytes and assorted other stuff - dead.
                  Seshat's self-help guide:
                  1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                  2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                  3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                  4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Not to mention the strong connection between baby formula and/or breast milk, and heroin addiction.
                    I don’t have enough middle fingers to show you how I feel about you.
                    - Twitter, via Boredpanda.com, via Youtube

Right. Well. When you manage to pull the concussed deer of your intellect away from the oncoming headlights of life let me know. - Grave keeper

Comment

Nitrogen narcosis...

Just saying.... NO! Essential for preventing ED... See, it actually isn't testosterone poisoning, it's NO toxicity.
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                        Nitrogen narcosis...
                        No, that danger is quite real.

Comment

Quoth Scorpodael View Post
                          Not only that, but oxygen. Every human who has ever breathed in air with even trace amounts of oxygen has DIED.
                          Not only that, oxygen in high concentration can be...wait for it...POISONOUS!

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                            If this woman is so concerned about potential causes of death, she really should look into what is unquestionably the #1 cause of death throughout human history, racking up a staggering 100% mortality rate: birth.
                            I hate to disagree with you, but birth is not the cause of death...

It is time. Given enough of this, not only will it kill any creature known to man, but it will eventually destroy any material.

So, everyone, we must find a way to STOP TIME!

Comment

Quoth PatchO'Black View Post
                              It is time. Given enough of this, not only will it kill any creature known to man, but it will eventually destroy any material
                              Except for tachyons, spiridons and chronons. And last week's Kung Pao leftovers in the back of the fridge.
                              Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

Quoth PatchO'Black View Post
                                I hate to disagree with you, but birth is not the cause of death...

It is time. Given enough of this, not only will it kill any creature known to man, but it will eventually destroy any material.
                                I respectfully disagree with you. While time certainly is a contributing factor, it cannot kill anything that was not born or brought into being at some point. And since the mortality rate for people, animals, and plants that are born or brought into being in some way is a solid, uncontested 100%, I stand by my statement.

Everything that is born dies. Everything.

Yes, Rose, everything dies. Not just this once, but all the time, throughout time, everywhere and everywhen, EVERYTHING dies.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                                Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                                X