This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth wraiths_crono View Post
    Not to fully derail but those are usually spam emails yeah.... The official stuff they do take care to check all spelling and such in to not be thought of as unprofessional.
    No, unfortunately, this was the real thing. It was a reply to a question about Hunter pets I'd submitted.

Comment

I've never actually gotten anything but automated emails from them asking me to try things I had already tried, or to fix things I had already fixed (was in regards to a security issue on their latest game...btw did you know their login system for their most recent product doesn't even check for case sensitivity? sad.)....And any time I got fed up with it and requested an escalation to a higher tier of support, I invariably wound up with either a repeated form along the lines of the above, an immediately closed ticket marked as Solved, or no response whatsoever.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Their/There/They're and Your/You're misuse irritates the hell out of me. As for the name thing, I think I'd have to take Jester's approach to it. Keep saying their name wrong until they get the point or get fed up and go away.The student you mention, I'm sure, didn't get very far with that kind of attitude!

ETA: One of the funniest mistakes I've seen is some mail my dad got. For sake of the story, let's say he is Bob Smith, Junior. He gets mail that names him as Junior Smith. Yeah. Makes me laugh every damn time!
        "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

I have given up on getting my name spelled correctly EVER!

Name I legally use(shortened form of full given name) :
          my first name has 3 possible spellings, middle name has two possible spellings, and last name has two possible spellings, however if they pick the correct one they always mysteriously pluralize it....

Full Given name(which I hate with a passion):
          first name-1 possible spelling
          middle name 1-1 possible spelling
          middle name 2-1 possible spelling
          middle name 3-5 or more possible spellings
          Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

It is because of people like this that I had to explain to a bank teller why I was trying to cash a check made out to Mr. Groin. No, that's not my last name. There's an extra letter in there. I was 17, and very red-faced thru the whole conversation

Comment

I used to wonder how people could so often screw up my last name, which is so damn easy. I stopped trying to figure it out, though, once I realized they would even screw up my stepfather's last name: Smith.

Yep, the cretins really are cloning and feeding....

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

I hate the their/your issues as well but i once worked with someone who didn't know the difference between "are" and "our". He just shrugged like it didn't matter when I proofread his report on a £10m+ clients audit.

(Shouldn't surprise me really though - he reportedly sued his driving instructor for failing to pass his driving test just because it must have been 'too soon' as he failed.)
                I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Working...
                X