This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth XCashier View Post
    Yeah, my parents' cars had vinyl seats, too. Lots of fun in the summer, even with working AC.!
    Ugh. Been there done, that. At one time, both of my parents' cars had seats like that--one was a beige Volvo wagon with brown vinyl, the other was a silver Volvo sedan with black leather However, after the wagon's seats started falling apart, we got a set of sheepskin seat covers, and all was good...if a bit furry. According to Dad, the sedan was always moving "too fast to get hot"

The MG is another story. That has black vinyl...but I don't remember ever frying in that car. Maybe it's because of the "coolness" factor, or maybe because we had the dash vent open, and the windows down.
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Fuel over here is about 88p a litre, which is roughly $1.63. The conversion to gallons is 4.55 in the UK, but the US litre is slightly smaller at about 3.79 litres to the gallon.

In effect, we're paying about $6.20 a gallon.

Rapscallion

Comment

In 1962, before seatbelts were mandated in cars and long before seat belt or car seat laws, my dad installed seatbelts in our '55 Ford. Had he not, I would have been orphaned at age 9. We were in a rollover accident, (1/2 way, onto the top of the car, came to rest upside down). The front two doors flew open and stuff from both front and back seats was thrown out of the car. Back doors were locked, so doubtful my brother and I would have been ejected but my parents would have been. Windshield blew in, sharp glass everywhere on the ceiling under our heads. None of us hurt except bruises.

From then on, I was a seatbelt fanatic! I get cold sweats if I'm in a car w/o belts.

Lots of people hate wearing belts and cite the very, very rare instances of people being "thrown clear" and saved from death by NOT wearing belts. This is like betting your life savings on a 7 & a 4 in Blackjack in Vegas.
        Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
        TASTE THE LIME JELLO OF DEFEAT! -Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
        X