Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm reminded of the Monty Python "Bookshop" sketch. I'd type it, but google + copy/paste = easy. This is the part the guy reminds me of, but the whole thing fits. The entire sketch can be read here: http://bau2.uibk.ac.at/sg/python/Scr...BookshopSketch

C = Customer (I think it was Eric Idle)
    P = Proprietor (John Cleese)

P: (beat) Yes, well, we do have that, as a matter of fact....
    C: The expurgated version....
    P: (pause; politely) I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch that...?
    C: The expurgated version.
    P: (exploding) The EXPURGATED version of "Olsen's Standard Book of British
    Birds"?!?!?!?!?
    C: (desperately) The one without the gannet!
    P: The one without the gannet-!!! They've ALL got the gannet!! It's a
    Standard British Bird, the gannet, it's in all the books!!!
    C: (insistent) Well, I don't like them...they wet their nests.
    P: (furious) All right! I'll remove it!! (rrrip!) Any other birds you don't
    like?!
    C: I don't like the robin...
    P: (screaming) The robin! Right! The robin! (rrrip!) There you are, any
    others you don't like, any others?
    C: The nuthatch?
    P: Right! (flipping through the book) The nuthatch, the nuthatch, the
    nuthatch, 'ere we are! (rrriiip!) There you are! NO gannets, NO robins,
    NO nuthatches, THERE's your book!
    C: (indignant) I can't buy that! It's torn!
    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
      It's something else entirely when you want a latte, that's almost all milk with a few shots of coffee in it...
      So, a Latte (which I've never tried) is basically a cup of milk with a little coffee for flavor? What's the point of that?

My coffee addiction is offended by the mere thought of this drink...

PS- I now concur that the guy was a moron for expecting the drink to be hot.
      I had a complete misconception of what a Latte is- sorry.
      Last edited by NightAngel; 03-15-2007, 10:18 AM.
      "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
      HellGate: London

Comment

Yeah thats all it is, a shot of espresso and a lot of milk, so it is basically 90% milk.

Also, to my managers defence, he was severelly ill when this happened and couldnt get anyone to cover his shift, and after this happened he actually threw up in the staff toilet, meaning that we had to legally send him home.

Comment

Threads like this are why I read with my ears corked. It gives me time to talk my braincells back from the brink.

BTW: That milkshake-with-cucumber thing sounds pretty good. Got a recipe? But then, I like lemonade with cucumber too.
          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I think that someone needs to explain to this idiot the basics of the laws of thermodynamics

M
            I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

I mean, it worked so well for McDonalds (notice how there are no McBLTs anymore) that it could revolutionize the coffee industry.
              Actually, it was discontinued because of how much bloody packaging it required if I remember right. Too much waste Styrofoam, not enough environmental friendliness.

....how the hell do I know that.....(looks confused and mildly alarmed)

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
                Yeah thats all it is, a shot of espresso and a lot of milk, so it is basically 90% milk.
                I was gonna say...I thought a latte was made with steamed milk...I'm not a coffee drinker and I was never cafe trained () but I've watched them make stuff enough times...so in the end he got coffee and a jug of milk...isn't that a cafe au lait?
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Noelegy View Post
                  We served a milkshake-like drink that was made of yogurt and flavored with cucumber and mint.
                  My number one at work boyfriend (the Bulgarian one) once made me something similar. Tasty.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Here's your sign: "I'm stupid!"

Comment

Working...
                    X