This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
    I don't like wallets. I'm not fond of carrying a purse, either. I keep my money in my back pockets.
    Well, I guess I'll allow it.
    THIS time.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
      I don't like wallets. I'm not fond of carrying a purse, either. I keep my money in my back pocket.
      My mother is the same way. She hates carrying a purse. How she had a daughter that can't stand to carry a pocketbook I'll never know.

But I was always told for years that money is the nastiest thing out there: it's been everywhere. Luckily, we keep a bottle of hand santizer at each register at my store, so it's not so bad.

I have to admit - that hand santizer is the BEST thing that's come out since sliced bread.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Typically, I get a ton of pocket money carriers. It makes sense considering the majority of my customers are wearing scrubs. I just had a man dig out a crusty hanky and then fish around inside while mummbling how his change gets mixed in which his hanky.

I closed up shop after he left to go wash my hands. Purell just wasn't working on that one.

Comment

I try to keep my money in my wallet, or some other safe place. I went through a no purse phase, and carried a men's wallet in my back pocket. Now I have a little wristlet/wallet that I shove inside my big purse for work, or carry on it's own to the bar and stuff.

My favorite thing to do with stuff in bras in college was to put my lighter right in the middle so no one could steal my lighter, and I always had one.
          "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
            If I was a woman I'd so do that, except I'd pull out like a live Chinchilla and a grapefruit.
            and this is why I love you.
            GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth FenigDurak View Post

First one, a lady buys come snacks and cards and stamps from me, gets the total, and proceeds to lift her shirt to dig around in her bra for her money. I'm just grateful it's not hot enough outside for her to have been sweating heavily. And thankful for the Purell.
              That reminds me of a lady that I used to serve at the gas station, every freaking time she ever came in she pulled her money out of her bra, paid for cigarettes, then stuff those in her bra. And by IN her bra, I do mean IN the bra. Not just being clipped in by a strap, but in the freaking cup.
              Your dignity shredded in five minutes or less, or your abuse is free.

Comment

Geez, how do these women do it? I got a microscopic fragment of a piece of toast in my bra and it drives me nuts!
                Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

On the cancelled transaction topic:

We can void a transaction same day, on a cash or check transaction only. Credit/Debit cards need to be handled as a return, and the card present to return on Credit.

If a customer has paid by check, we'll void the transaction, give them back their check, and re-ring other items, if any, they had bought on the original transaction, but did not return. They then may pay for those items which ever way they want, another check, cash, card, whatever.

I recently voided one transaction, and the customer, though he really wasn't too much of a jerk about it, was having a hell of a time trying to figure out why I needed the new check for the kept items, even when I had handed the original check back to him.

After much explaining, and re-explaining, he finally got it through his head that the money from that original check he was holding in his hand would not be deducted from his checking account, only the money from the second check.

Mike
                  Meow.........

Comment

Quoth JustaCashier View Post
                    After much explaining, and re-explaining, he finally got it through his head that the money from that original check he was holding in his hand would not be deducted from his checking account, only the money from the second check.

Mike
                    I think my head just exploded after reading that
                    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post
                      Geez, how do these women do it? I got a microscopic fragment of a piece of toast in my bra and it drives me nuts!
                      Seriously. I get a little bit of hay in there, and I'm officially driven nuts.

Aren't they worried about paper cuts from the bills?

Comment

I'm going to assume some women are just less sensitive than others. My girlfriend was in a panic the other day attempting to find her promise ring, and I eventually noticed an unusual bulge in her shirt, I pointed it out, and sure enough her ring had somehow slipped into her bra. How does a cold, metallic object avoid detection? It's a mystery to my male mind.
                        Your dignity shredded in five minutes or less, or your abuse is free.

Comment

Quoth JustaCashier View Post
                          On the cancelled transaction topic:

We can void a transaction same day, on a cash or check transaction only. Credit/Debit cards need to be handled as a return, and the card present to return on Credit.
                          We can void any kind of transaction, but Debit cards work differently than Credit. Credits are officially charged at the end of the business day, but debits go through right away. If we void a debit card, the register will give back the amount in cash (same thing with debit returns, they get cash back instead of putting it back on the card. Of course, if we put a Visa/MC Check card through as a Visa or MC, a return will be processed as a credit transaction, even though technically it's a debit either way.) The reason is because it takes longer for the money to get back into the account on a debit card, so to avoid having people come back yelling at us when they check their account the next day and it's not there yet, they just give cash.
                          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Update on Story #2!

So this hospital employee came back yesterday, twice. Once before I came in, and once after. Her first visit, she bought one of our pearl necklaces. On the second visit she bought two packs of gum. Seperately. Change both times, and she shorted me $.20 on the second. I let it slide because I just didn't have the time or energy to fight with her, but I gave her a look to let her know it wouldn't slide again.

Today, she came back before I came in, and returned the pearl necklace. She had snapped the chain! It literally looks like she just pulled on it.

I gave the receipt and all the information I could to security (they were installing a secondary panic button in the back for us) and they're going to pull the video from the cameras and bring in a picture for my morning girl and I to identify. Once we've done that, he's having a talk with her supervisor. She's likely not going to be back after that.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                              If I was a woman I'd so do that, except I'd pull out like a live Chinchilla and a grapefruit.
                              May I use that for a signature?
                              "several million years for a monkey to turn into a man. oh wait thats right. monkeys dont live several million years."
                              -FSTDT

Comment

Working...
                              X