This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Trisnic View Post
    these people were talking to the police and I was going to be charged with tresspassing the next time I "went in their driveway". He said that they would do that house from now on (not even noticing the one next to it) and that my service record would be looked at and most likely I would get fired.
    The good thing about getting the cops involved is that they will talk to you. they need to hear both sides of the story so the prosecutor can decide how to proceed.

if you tell cops the complaints against are total BS, that you haven't trespassed once you were told not to, that will probably be the end of it. especially if you make a point of telling the cops that the customers have thier heads up their asses and ought to be questioned for filing a false police report.

that may not protect you with your bosses, however. it sounds like a really crappy job. how are you making any money doing it? if this is how they treat you, how do they manage to find people willing to do the job?

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
      She rang the newspaper people and told them what happened and they told her not to deliver there anymore, but now every time she walks past the house she opens the gate to annoy him.

That is priceless!

Comment

Man. I don't know how delivery driving works but I'd have to think that could be unlawful termination or SOMETHING. You could always get a tape recorder and record the message manually from your phone if you needed to keep it.

I know here that our carriers are basically semi-trained monkeys (I'm not saying it to be mean, I'm saying it to be honest) who frequently skip entire streets for no reason I can readily ascertain. But we still try to get their sides, even though their reasons are usually stupid or nonexistant, and they usually quit way before we can fire them.
        "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

If you get let go, here's what you do. Get all your friends together and every morning at the butt crack o' dawn, have one of them drive up that street and turn around. Not in their drive, different car every time...

Sorry, was that evil?
          My dollhouse blog.

Blog about life

Comment

Quoth LewisLegion View Post
            Sorry, was that evil?
            yes.
            but it's funny
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Next time you deliver there, take a camera and take some pictures of THEIR driveway and the general street layout. If they ask, explain that you're planning to take them to small claims court for harassment and defamation if you end up getting fired over their lies. If you do actually end up getting fired over this, I'd strongly consider taking them to court. If nothing else, it will make you feel better.
              Lack of freedom can be measured directly by lack of stupid. --Penn Jillette

Comment

When I was in junior high, I was the Worst Paper Boy Ever.

I had three routes.

I was fired from three routes.

I have only been fired from a job four times in my life.

I repeat....I was the Worst Paper Boy Ever.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                X