X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
    Last week of what? July 1983?
    According to the Hairy Cakes story? YES.
    Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Or the famous-- But I just talked to so-and-so last week and they let me do it! The person who they can never pinpoint who they are but its always said for them to be there and let the customer do whatever they want.

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
        Or the famous-- But I just talked to so-and-so last week and they let me do it! The person who they can never pinpoint who they are but its always said for them to be there and let the customer do whatever they want.
        Ah yes, the phantom employee. I think he has his own thread here. For the record, he also works where I do.

Comment

We only have ten employees, and only four of us ever work at night

"He was a guy... about 20, black hair..."
          "Only two guys work here. I have brown hair, the other has red."
          "No no... he was some guy..."
          "No. We only have >two male employees<, and my hair is the closest to black out of the two.
          I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
          less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Comment

SC Time Psychology

SCs think in terms of 5 minute increments. Anything under three minutes is instantly 5 minutes because everything takes at least 5 minutes for the average SC. Anything over 3 minutes is instantly "10 minutes", over 5 or 7 minutes is "15" and beyond that well- they just want to speak to a manager - so you say *I AM the manager!!*

Comment

Quoth ominousoat View Post
              Please edit quotes

I will forever remember this as the angular velocity divided by a full rotation in radians...
              Ah, so, in other words, time is just the measure of how long it takes the little pointy parts of the clock to move a degree. Apparently, it moves faster for customers than for retail?
              Last edited by Ree; 03-17-2007, 06:49 PM. Reason: Editing irrelevant parts out of quote
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
              X