Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That actually gave me a headache to read. I agree with turning them in for...
    well...

everything.

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
    ~Clerks

Comment

Wow - I can't BELIEVE those people. And I can't believe you managed to get through that job without getting an ulcer.
      I especially enjoyed the part where he paid $200 in consulting fees quibbling over $5 on a printer. What a dolt.
      Great story.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

That was quite a story.

It's very well written from the perspective of the actual person involved.

*Mod hat*
        It's not copied from another source, is it?
        Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
          It's not copied from another source, is it?
          If you are meaning just plain copy-pasted from elsewhere and stuck on here, then no.

The original person, by name of Dr. Scar, posted this elsewhere in another (now gone) forum I belonged to previously. He may have posted it in either the LJ Tech Support or Customers Suck comm previously, but if so it is lost in the archives and I have no idea on how to locate it there. I had made a copy of it for my own personal amusement and came across it the other day; he gave permission for me to post it here. So in the latter case, yes - from him as a source. Nothing that would provide a forum rules violation, though - so far as I am able to see.

Correction On Second Thought: I -could- locate it in the LJ comm archives if necessary; it would simply mean searching day-by-day for his username in about a 3-4 month period. Sorry. I try to be a stickler for inaccuracy.
          Last edited by Ree; 03-17-2007, 10:44 PM. Reason: Editing irrelevant parts out of quote

Comment

Quoth BlackIronCrown View Post
            ...he gave permission for me to post it here. So in the latter case, yes - from him as a source. Nothing that would provide a forum rules violation, though - so far as I am able to see.
            Actually, I assumed you probably had permission to use the story. I was just checking, though.

I was only concerned, because I think some people may have missed the disclaimer that it wasn't actually your story or experience, and I wanted to clear that up.
            Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I swear, some people who try to start their own businesses are like high school kids in the most popular, most powerful clique. They can't really run the business soundly, and may not even try to, and instead they just make life difficult for their employees who they see as being "under them" or "not part of the clique"

I mean, he fired a girl who moved from Ohio just because she couldn't do her job AND be babysitter to his spawn at the same time?

He also clearly can't have any business acumen if he allocates no space for his server but allocates space for a playroom for his spawn. And I would expect somebody in a medical business to know you can't just throw bloody linens in the garbage.

I hope the Ohioan, and the board of health, and their lawyers, bend this guy over and forget the lube. That is assuming he is still in business, which is questionable.
              Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 03-18-2007, 12:12 AM. Reason: added some stuff
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                .....I think some people may have missed the disclaimer that it wasn't actually your story or experience.....
                Heh, I noticed the disclaimer right off, but, after getting so deeply involved in the story, it seemed like a first person account, and I had forgotten the disclaimer by the time I finished reading it!

Mike
                Meow.........

Comment

The paperless office thing made me raise an eyebrow (Evertyone Else: "You were side tracked by that!") Well, that and everything else.

Anyway, the paperless thing is something we were warned against in business classes. Law is way behind technology (my "deaf" scam thread is a prime example) and many things contained in a computor are not considered "original", therefor not admissable in a legal prociding. Law might have changed in the last few years, but I kind of doubt it.
                  "Wait... he's alive, but his head's gone..." -Crow

Comment

Working...
                  X