This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walk-outs.

Last night, at 2 am, one of the people I was working with served someone who ordered various deepfried foods after being up at the nightclub/bar/party etc. Being drunk, he was apparently rather rude to her while she set about putting his food into bags.

As she was about to tell him how much the food was (around $7.50) he picked it up from the counter, and just walked out, and got into a waiting taxi. Which caused her to shout 'HEY!' at him, which he completely ignored.

This also got my attention, as I was heading toward the backroom to stock the cold section. When she told me what had occured, what did I do? Firstly, rang the taxi company, and told them about what happened, and the number on the side of the taxi. The guy obviously denied not paying for what he'd ordered from us, and the driver didn't bring him back...

However, he did tell us where the guy lived (trailer trash... what a suprise..) and a short descrip. of the car out the front.

Supplied the details to the police, who went around to his (trailer) home. I wish I could've seen the look on his face when, less then an hour later, the police knock on his door.

What did he expect we'd do?

Has anyone got any similar stories to share?
    Last edited by Sir Spaniard the 12th; 07-21-2006, 09:26 PM.
    3 Basic rules for ordering food.
    - Order from the menu.
    - If you order something that will take some time to cook, then be prepared to wait.
    - Don't talk about Fight Club.

Well, now I'm wondering if he paid up. Did I miss it??
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I won't know that until the police manage to pick him up (he was too drunk to be questioned at the time) or the manager hands over the security footage showing that it was clearly the same guy. I should (hopefully) find that out by monday morning.

Though I do have mon-tue-wed off, so it may be a few days.
      - Order from the menu.
      - If you order something that will take some time to cook, then be prepared to wait.

Comment

call the police, you know where he lives, citizens justice

Comment

I did that already. A side note was that he came in again last night. (At least, I was told it was the same guy) He was in what I'm assuming was his car, so as soon as he was outside, I called the police again and told them the number plate on the car. They asked me whether it was (colour a) and (colour b), which I confirmed...

That's all so far. Hopefully I'll find out he's been hit for thieving in a few days.
          - Order from the menu.

Comment

Well, he came back and paid, and apologised. Was told (by another staff member) being drunk is not an excuse for stealing. No banning, or further police involvement.
            - Order from the menu.

Comment

Working...
            X