This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth katie kaboom View Post
    I think she was just saying that it's easier for a smoker to sell ciggs, and easier for someone who drinks to be a bartender or work in a liquor store, because you are familiar with what you're selling/making.
    That doesn't really make sense either, since most smokers have been smoking one brand since time immemorial and don't have a clue as to other brands on the market. At least, most of the smokers *I* know have a preferred brand, and if the store is out of their favorite deathsticks, they're confused all to hell as to what else to buy
    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

About 7 months ago S_______ changed policy so that all tobacco products have to be purchased at the Customer Service counter, no exceptions, and nothing will scan at the registers. The reason (they said) was that too many of the younger cashiers weren't checking ID, and it was causing problems.

We have a few SCs that freak cuz they have to go to Customer Service for their ciggs, but most people understand that we can't do anything about it. If they're using debit and don't want to do 2 transactions, we suggest they get cash back to use to buy the ciggs.

I love not having the hassle of IDing people, then going all the way to Customer Service to get the ciggs, before I can scan the item in. Saves a lot of time.
      It's like I'm wearing Eau de Moron and all of the idiots and assholes are attracted to me... -JuniorMintz

Comment

Working...
      X