This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
    Does anyone else have "Seasons of Love" from RENT stuck in their head now?
    How do you think I was able to come up with that number

M
    I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
      50,000 minutes in a weekend? *blinks*
      60 minutes/hour*24 Hours /day=1480*2 days/weekend=2960 Minutes in a weekend. Using 50,00 minutes would be pretty impressive, unless your weekends are longer...
      I just threw a number out there. Although I did have a guy one time, and I can't remember his total minute usage now, but I was so shocked by the sheer amount of minutes (including nights and weekends, everything) that I made my lead rep come over and gape in awe. We calculated that the person had to be on the phone something like 16 hours a day to accumulate that much usage. How he kept his battery charged was unknown, unless he had a box of spares.
      "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

How stupid can people be?

Do you *really* want to know the answer to that?
        I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

As I believe I mentioned in another post elsewhere (maybe on another board), just when you think people have hit bottom intelligence-wise, some dumbass brings out the pickaxe and shovel and starts digging. Ever since I've leafed through the occasional Darwin Award book and heard elsewhere about some moron smearing jam on his kid's face so he could take a picture of a bear licking it , I've come to the conclusion that the classification Homo Sapiens is an egotistical, optimistic misnomer.
          Civilized men tend to be ruder than savages because they know they can be impolite without getting their skulls split, as a rule.
          - Robert E. Howard

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
            I just threw a number out there.
            I figured. Mom & I were at Linens & Things today, cause stuff was on sale. (mostly 20% off, or buy one get one half price) Mom pointed out a thing that was 79.99, muttered "20% off... I'd be saving..." and just kinda hung there a moment. I did some quick math, and spouted, just after she said "About $20..." I said "You'd save just shy of $16.00" Mom looked at me, and was like, "Well, that's why I keep you around. You can just rattle off numbers like that."
            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

want to come shopping with me? I can barely do simple addition and subtraction in my head (and my five year old keeps stealing the nifty number thingie that mommy keeps in her purse LOL)
              GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth myswtghst View Post
                I didn't until I read your post.
                Sorry!

Now I'm waiting for RENT stuff to come up on my iPod.

I have to figure out percentages in my head by figuring 10% and multiplying by 2 or 3 or whatever. All ya gotta do is move a decimal. That's how I figure out tips...for 20%(ish), I figure 10%, round up, then multiply by 2. (As a result I usually tip slightly better than 20%.)
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post

525,600 minutes.. Nooo! Noooooooooooooooooooo!

Look at what you did!

I'll have to change the song.

Wouldn't it be nice if we were older...

Comment

lol interestingly and freakingly enough I am listening to the RENT soundtrack as I type this. And I didn't get the idea to put it on from your post, I had it on before I even turned the computer on to post.

Comment

Working...
                    X