Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imagine flying the week after 9/11. Did that once...never again. The flight out of town was pretty empty--I had about 3/4 of the plane to myself. The return trip was another story...several people made 'sardine' comments. Not surprising, since many flights had been canceled, and the remaining ones were stuffed to capacity. I didn't complain about the service, since it really wasn't their fault...but I still wasn't happy with things. Something about getting at the airport at 4am for a 7:30 flight, I guess

I'd rather take the train--more room to stretch out, and you can actually look out the windows at scenery
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
      The excitement of travelling around the globe and meeting SCs from different countries?
      Ha ha so true!
      No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

Three weeks after 911 for me. We'd tried to wait until the last minute to get cheap tickets, but they were ready for us. Instead, we got the chance to stretch out over the middle four seats and sleep - it was that empty.

Rapscallion

Comment

At least on airlines they offer food. I went to California from Canada by Greyound - 70 hours total, including a 12 hour stopover in salt Lake City.

Then again, I slept most of the way. I'm one of those people who can sleep (and have) in a room full of people talking and eating with a HOckey Game playing on the telly.
          Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

More sandwich problems this week. Sigh. I hate passengers.

I just walk away now when they rant and rave.

Comment

There's a company down the street from where I work that prepares the food that airlines serve. I don't know what airlines they contract with, though.

Every so often, the entire area smells of onions, or other rich food smells.

They have to compete in the olfactory department with the shop two buildings over, though. They do potpourri with candles, oils, sachets, etc. They can really stink up the neighborhood when they've got a strong batch going.

My boyfriend wants to know: If you buy food before you board, like a burger and fries, are you allowed to take it on the plane?

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                they offer SANDWICHES on flights? Dude, I'm lucky if Air Canada stocks soda and cookies! I've never been on anything longer than a 3 hour flight though...
                Gone for a 3 hour tour, huh? PLEASE get that reference...

Me I always bring food with me, cuz I don't DARE bother the poor flight attendant... I always make sure I eat before boarding, and if I need more food, it's right there with me, along with my teddy, a large amount of batteries, my CD player, my DS and a thick book.

I like to entertain myself.
                Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth Horsetuna View Post
                  At least on airlines they offer food. I went to California from Canada by Greyound - 70 hours total, including a 12 hour stopover in salt Lake City.

Then again, I slept most of the way. I'm one of those people who can sleep (and have) in a room full of people talking and eating with a HOckey Game playing on the telly.
                  How do you manage to do that? Because I certainly can't.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post

My boyfriend wants to know: If you buy food before you board, like a burger and fries, are you allowed to take it on the plane?

^-.-^
                    Of course

I'm in Milan 3 days this week with work flying out of there (4 star hotel anyone?) Luckily they do different sandwiches out there and I don't speak Italian so any angry pax words will go straight over my head

Comment

I LIKE flying (for the most part), especially on Continental Express. The turkey sandwiches they serve for the in-flight snack are yummy. They're really small, though. I wish I could get two.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BusBus View Post
                        There's a difference between shampoo and insulin. You can bring medication on board (just make sure that it's labelled properly).

And it's easier than I thought it would be. I take Enbrel which is an injectable that has to be kept cold so I had needles and ice to take on board. Got through security, the flight and onto the ship with no problem only to have the refrigerator in the room fail on me and ruin $600 worth of meds.

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
                        ~Clerks

Comment

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post
                          Gone for a 3 hour tour, huh? PLEASE get that reference...
                          Let's see...The Howes are lazy bastards... I always found it amusing that the professor was supposedly brilliant...yet couldn't build a freaking raft
                          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

What I'd like to know is how they made a radio out of coconuts?
                            GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Sorry, but I am with the chavvy woman - the tortilla wraps sold on the Big Orange Airline DO look (and taste) disgusting. However, the FA has bugger-all control over the sandwiches, so its hardly her fault that the food is disgusting, is it?

On short-haul flights I try to eat before we leave, and just have mints or something simialr with me (I am a very nervous flier and having something to nibble as well as a good book helps me take my mind off the flight). On long-haul flights I sink a few G&Ts and go to sleep
                              A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
                              - Dave Barry

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                                Let's see...The Howes are lazy bastards... I always found it amusing that the professor was supposedly brilliant...yet couldn't build a freaking raft
                                Quoth Weird Al Yankovic
                                I liked the professor
                                He always saved their butts
                                He could build a nuclear reactor
                                From a couple of coconuts
                                She said, "That man's a genius"
                                I looked at her and laughed
                                "If he's so fly then tell me why
                                He couldn't build a lousy raft!"
                                Never flown on a big plane, though I rode in a four-seater once - not a fun experience when you can't help but think that there's no parachutes. I did go into an airliner once and couldn't help but think that the Greyhound bus looks more comfortable and much less claustrophobic. Don't think I'm going to be flying anytime soon.
                                Civilized men tend to be ruder than savages because they know they can be impolite without getting their skulls split, as a rule.
                                - Robert E. Howard

Comment

Working...
                                X