This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth MoonCat View Post
    Would she have told this to anyone else who happened to be wearing a nametage or uniform for some other business?
    Judging by this quote, "You're in a uniform, that means you're still an employee for one of the businesses around here," apparently so.

Quoth MoonCat View Post
    Does that mean that only people in street clothes can go first?
    Well, if that's the rule...when I worked retail I didn't wear a uniform. I was always in "street clothes" whether I was working or not.

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
    Fritzy haired lass is a total SC for blocking the self checkout when she is not ready to use it. And it doesn't matter who she is preventing from using the self checkout. Keeping anyone else for using it is just plain sucky, whether they work there or not.
    Exactly. If you're not ready to pay, don't get on line.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Wow. I guess I've been doing it *all* wrong.

Whenever I'm at self scan with a few items and I see an employee obviously on his or her break behind me buying lunch or dinner items, I always let them go ahead of me so that they can have a longer break. Silly me.
      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

[QUOTE=Jay 2K Winger;1088932]And the manager would have been able to do what? DG doesn't work for him. DG works for <Vendor>, and the manager works for <Store>.

Unfortunately with most of the stores we service (that aren't part of a major chain) it's still the store manager's decision on if we get to continue doing business with them so we want try to avoid customer complaints when possible. Granted the management usually sides with us if there's a problem that doesn't involve giving us more space but it's best not to take unnecessary risks.

Comment

Working...
        X