This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning Funnies.

I got called a clown, a monkey, a bitch and told I didn't know my ass from a hole in the ground in a span of about 2 minutes. I Think that's a record. She then called the phlebotomist the n* word (the phlebotomists paleness would put a vampire to shame), as well as a bitch and tried to take a swing.

She's lucky insults tickle my funny bone.

*facepalm*

People you should try to be extra nice to: those who handle your food, your money, and those with the power to cause you all kinds of pain because they're going to stick a needle in you.

How much drama can you create out of a simple blood draw, anyway??? Holy crap.
    What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post

How much drama can you create out of a simple blood draw, anyway??? Holy crap.
      Plenty. I've seen a lot, and I haven't worked in a hospital since high school when I volunteered at the local VA.
      "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
        Plenty.
        Apparently. I have a high response to pain, but can tolerate quite a bit of it. Meaning that if you stick a needle in me I'll either go "ow" or suck in my breath, but I'll still remain completely still and be completely fine dealing with it. Whenever I get blood or tests done, I'll respond to the pain and whoever is taking the test always launches into apologies.

Makes me wonder what they have to deal with when taking those samples for testing.
        My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
        It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

So were you able to get her blood sample, or did you kick her out for trying to attack you?

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
            Apparently. I have a high response to pain, but can tolerate quite a bit of it.
            My brother has this quality -- but, sadly, I do not. I am very much of the pervious to pain persuasion...and yet, I have no real problem with needles unless it's a really bad "vein day" and the vampire-on-staff tries to pull from a vein in the top of my hand. Said vein has proved skilled at dodging needles, thus far.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
              Said vein has proved skilled at dodging needles, thus far.
              "Eef you dood! This ain't happening!"
              My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
              It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Nobody likes having their blood drawn, helps if you just look away. This one sounds like she needs sedation. And some duct tape.

Comment

See, I can sort of sympathize with the patient here (but not the attempted assault part). I have an aversion to needles that is probably actually a full blown phobia. "You won't feel a thing" BULLSHIT. I do, at least, warn the staff of this phobia when it seems likely that I'll either need to have blood drawn or get a shot of some kind. If I actually see the needle, it ain't going in me. No ifs, ands or buts. Last encounter I had with one though, took me by surprise, and I reacted badly. Nurse (or whatever she was) pulls out a syringe and prepares to fill it from a vial... and I freaked. Jumped up out of the chair, backed away and RAN home. I'm certain that I looked and sounded quite insane, but I don't think I called the lady any untoward names, just kept repeating something to the effect of 'no way, no how, not happening'.
                  You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

The phlebotomist and I were in at 2 separate times. Sharpest thing I had was my stethoscope ( and I was told I didn't know what I was doing with that anyways ). she was just angry. Blood was taken. And later after I got home, 6 people went in for a urine sample. I heard it was quite an event.

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
                      .... If I actually see the needle...
                      There is considerable uncertainty about who's getting stuck, and where...
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                      X