Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hangers. Friggin' clothes hangers. why can't anyone use them in their proper manner?
    Is it hard to figure out?
    A customer can take a coat off of a hanger, try it on, then, instead of hanging the coat back on the hanger, will hang said coat by its back-loop on the edge of the rack. The frakkin' hanger is RIGHT THERE! The coat is now stretched by its back-loop...and the hanger is RIGHT THERE! Sometimes the coat is flung OVER the arm of the rack....!
    How can a hanger be too hard to use?

Argh!!
    I no longer fear HELL.
    I work in RETAIL.

Comment

This is more "Sighting" than an SC:

Punk kids go into store/clinic/information booth, get whatever free samples the establishment offers (this can be anything from a Costco tidbit to a free-condom doohickey at a government office.)

Then they proceed to decorate the exterior of the establishment with the gratis goodies, usually in novel and difficult to clean ways.

The best example of this was a condom balloon exhibit that gently blew into traffic as the perpetrators laughed from the neighborhood Planned Parenthood. The best part was, these young worthies didn't look old enough to know what they were inflating, let alone old enough to be SMOKING while they did it!

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
        It used to drive me banana-eating crazy when people, upon being asked "when do you need it", would answer "as soon as possible."

That tells me NOTHING. What if "as soon as possible" is next month sometime? If you need by a certain time, then you damn well better tell me what certain time that is, or you ain't gonna get it by then, Bonehead.
        Where i work, we order our supplies for the jobs through a department called Stores.
        When im asked when i need a part, that they have to order, I almost always say "as soon as possible."
        But you know what? I have the job order in my hand, and need the part to do that job.
        Is it more annoying to be told, "Yesturday" ?
        There are rarely any times, when i can say, Ill need that part in 3 days, or tommorrow.
        It could be poor management on my part. But sometimes you do a job, and you only know vaguely what you need to do it, and once you progress through it about halfway, you need more things, or something about the original plan changes, and youll need something else.

They are trying to set us up with a system where the job estimaters will turn in a list of all the parts and pieces needed to do a job, so that stores can have it waiting for us to install. but unfortunitly the way some of the estimaters work is, "I need power here, make it happen, i dont care how, just do it."
        Then its up to us to figure it out. Which is actually kind of nice, because then we dont have to worry about an engineer trying to have us tap an already full circuit, or one thats a wrong voltage, etc etc.
        And incase your wondering, im an electrician for a university.
        its still customer service, but about 7/10 people ive done installs for have been super nice.
        usually only the professors, and some of the office people, ever look down their nose at me.
        Nothing more fun, then being given a job that is at the top of the schedule because its so damn important, and having a self-important professor hold me up, because im making too much noise or something (not during classes, trust me, we have let jobs sit for months to find the perfect time to go in and do them, just because there are classes. We had one job delayed by 2 weeks, because we went in when there were no students, and a professor still flew off the handle, and we were on a different floor! ... okay so we were drilling into the ceiling underhis room, but still. hehe)
        (Is it so wrong to take pleasure in the amount of noise a hammerdrill makes when drilling concrete walls?)
        Last edited by symposes; 09-13-2006, 10:53 AM.
        http://www.vilecity.com/index.php?r=221271
        Cyberpunk mayhem!

Comment

I think the only time I get irritated by the "as soon as possible" line is when it's a script for something that is either 1)not an emergency thing, like vitamins or something like that, or 2) was dated from several days to even months ago. Those people I want to smack.

Comment

Working...
          X