This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dispatch Man

This happened a few years ago when I worked for a lawn care company. A little background - we had 4 lawn spraying trucks and 1 tree & shrub truck. We did 5 applications a year about 4 to 6 weeks apart.

For 2 years this old man would come in after every application and he had this to say:

AC - annoying customer

AC: I'm a customer of yours and I'm a retired dispatcher for a trucking company and you guys drive down my road too many times. I expect you on my road once every application. If I worked dispatch like that I would have been fired by now.

Me: Well, as much as we would like to be able to take care of everyone at the same time it's not always possible. (I then try to explain how some people have dogs outside or locked gates or can only be done at certain times)

AC: Look lady, I was a dispatcher for a trucking company and I'll telling you that you don't need to be on my road more than once every application. I'm tired of seeing your trucks all the time.

This would continue until the guy got tired and left. But he'd be back again after the next application. This guy came in with the same complaint 10 times in a 2 year period! After the first few times my response was more of "OK, thanks for the information"

Look! There's that lawn truck again!*

Should have suggested he go around to all the neighbors and coordinate their schedules so they only have to come once. Or reminded him he doesn't own the street. Whichever...

*(Lame reference to the tagline of a local news station, which I don't think they use anymore, but their commercials always said "Look! There's that News van again!" over and over while showing the van cruising different areas of the city.)
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Syndrn View Post
      AC: Look lady, I was a dispatcher for a trucking company and I'll telling you that you don't need to be on my road more than once every application. I'm tired of seeing your trucks all the time.

Somebody needs to tell that annoying, grumpy, power hungry, POS that the street does not belong to him.

I used to work for a cable company, therefore I am entitled to dictate when and where all cable trucks go!

Comment

I work for a cable company now. And ma'am, just cause you see one of our vans going down the street, doesn't mean its a tech looking for your house, you get someone else, sorry.

Quoth MrSunshineState View Post
        Somebody needs to tell that annoying, grumpy, power hungry, POS that the street does not belong to him.

I used to work for a cable company, therefore I am entitled to dictate when and where all cable trucks go!

Comment

Ya know, unless he owns the road he has no rights to say anything and next time you ought to tell him that.

Sheesh! What a retardicon.

M
          I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Guy That Once Had A Job In Remotely The Same Field As Yours Twenty Frickin' Years Ago And Therefore Thinks That Qualifies Him To Tell You How To Do Your Job.

I *hate* that guy.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Oh no! Mr Plow is telling me how I should be shoving this gravel around the lot! And he's threatening to kill me on top of that.
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

*sings* That name again... is Mr. Plow!"
                GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Plow King's theme song should have been "PLOW KING!" dun dun, dununuh! duduh "You drive that plow thing!" dun dun, dununuh! duduh "You make my DRIVEWAY, cleaaaan. PLOW KING!"dun dun, dununuh! duduh

I'm an idiot.

I did have one guy barge in my department and tell me he used to work in a bakery while I pushed him out. Told him he didn't anymore, so out.
                  Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

I used to *hate* working in the bakery... ended up with my absolute worst work-place injury there as well (burned half my chin off using it to prop up a tray of falling pies.... falling tray of pies? Yeah that works better).
                    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                      I used to *hate* working in the bakery... ended up with my absolute worst work-place injury there as well (burned half my chin off using it to prop up a tray of falling pies.... falling tray of pies? Yeah that works better).
                      Let the pies go, Tollbaby. I learned early enough that when heavy pans made of metal fall, they fall. I got a scar on my arm to prove it. Let gravity do its work.
                      Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

I was afraid of getting fired. Still being a relatively naive 17 year old, and being on my own with rent and bills to pay, I was terrified of losing my meager $250/week LOL (that, and fresh, hot pies... can you imagine the filling temperature? That would have been all over me, cause they were falling towards ME). All in all, it wasn't that bad, although I should have followed up with HR.
                        GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post
                          Plow King's theme song should have been "PLOW KING!" dun dun, dununuh! duduh "You drive that plow thing!" dun dun, dununuh! duduh "You make my DRIVEWAY, cleaaaan. PLOW KING!"dun dun, dununuh! duduh
                          I guess that would have been a lot nicer than

"Mr. Plow is a loser, and I think he is a boozer!"

Back to the original topic, I think if I was the dispatcher, I'd send the whole fleet down "his" road all at once, just to make the moron's head explode.
                          Sometimes life is altered.
                          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                          Uneasy with confrontation.
                          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                            Back to the original topic, I think if I was the dispatcher, I'd send the whole fleet down "his" road all at once, just to make the moron's head explode.
                            What would make it even better: send an entire fleet of trucks at 3 am.
                            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                            X