This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Geek King View Post
    Wow...How do you get the pillow and blanket into those tiny cups?

*ducks & runs away*
    Oh I just fold them so that they are really small!
    No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
      I would have done it, then cut it in half and told him to run along and eat, but be sure not to forget to go potty before it's too late.
      What are you, nuts? You even think of suggesting that to a customer and they'll decide to be so needy that they'll ask you to shake it for them.

<shudder>
      I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
        McD's has a creamer machine that dispenses exactly how many shots of creamer the guest orders, and a little squeezy thing that does half shots of sugar. At least, at the McD's I worked in...
        And, let me tell you, management was a bitch if you didn't fill in the info for how the guest wants their coffee customized.
        Ah, I should have guessed...such technology they have these days. But still, I'd rather do it myself too...I drink tea at work a lot and some days I like extra sugar and some days I don't want it so sweet...and sometimes I don't know what mood I'm in until I taste it.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Legal Eagle View Post
          maybe i'm missing something but if i order a sandwich, baguette, bagel whatever i expect the filling to be inside it, otherwise i'd buy a pack of bagels and take them home.
          A bagel with cream cheese isn't a sandwich. It's a bagel. With cream cheese on it. If you try to spread cream cheese on a cold bagel, it's icky... and then you can't toast it. If you want a TOASTED bagel with mounds of cream cheese, go to Tim Horton's. Otherwise, take what you're given :P
          GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

I used to work in a coffee shop (nothing fancy) and the most common request I got was "double double" (two shots of cream, two shots of sugar). We weren't a McDonalds or a Timmy's, so I just guesstimated. No one ever complained.
            GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth PrincessKatieAirHostess View Post
              I have many needy passengers who want blankets, pillow, milk and sugar put in their coffees etc etc
              Do they ever ask you to tuck them in? Perhaps read them a story? Or leave the overhead light on in case there are gremlins on the wing?

I've only flown a few times, but there's no possible way I could get comfortable enough to even think of sleeping. And I even fit into the tiny seats. It's just big hairy guy I always get seated next to. Or the 2 large Albanian women with excessive body odor, and the kid in back of me keeps throwing up the whole time (bonus points for reference).
              "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Well, leaving the light on would make it harder to see the gremlin out there on the wing, as, if I recall, that episode, it was night. The lights in the cabin would be glaring off the window so you couldn't see the gremlin...
                Oh... maybe THAT'S why they want the lights on...
                "I call murder on that!"

Comment

They always moan it's too cold and can they have a blanket. It's a low cost airline. Our flights are less than 3 hours long but even on domestic flights people still fuss You do get the princessess who bring pashminas and cashmere socks for those 45 minute flights!
                  No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

All I need to keep warm usually is my old fleece. Damn, that sucker keeps me warm in minus degrees... wind chill of four hundred! It is the little fleece that could! The new one doesn't keep out half that chill.
                    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Keep the customers away from my store. We now charge extra for toasting, buttering and/or adding cream cheese.

And the new owner (well, sort of, there's a story) will eventually wonder WHY sales are down.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
                        Or the 2 large Albanian women with excessive body odor, and the kid in back of me keeps throwing up the whole time (bonus points for reference).
                        Wierd Al! The Albuquerque song!

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                          If you try to spread cream cheese on a cold bagel, it's icky...
                          That is a personal opinion.

And personally, I usually prefer my bagels untoasted (i.e., "cold") with lots of cream cheese. Heck, just ate a lovely untoasted cinnamon raisin bagel with mounds of cream cheese for my breakfast not a few hours ago. Yummy.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                            That is a personal opinion.
                            Correction, that's a POPULAR opinion (personally, I don't really care with cream cheese, but with margarine, or kielbasa and sharp cheddar, gotta be toasted)
                            GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth nekoro View Post
                              Wierd Al! The Albuquerque song!
                              Hooray! Someone made a video of that. And unlike most flash-animations, it's actually good.

It's 10MB, so could take awhile if you're not on high-speed. Click "Watch this movie'"

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/348245

/threadjack
                              "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth PrincessKatieAirHostess View Post
                                They always moan it's too cold and can they have a blanket. It's a low cost airline. Our flights are less than 3 hours long but even on domestic flights people still fuss You do get the princessess who bring pashminas and cashmere socks for those 45 minute flights!
                                You'd love me on a plane.
                                "Oh, we're lifting off!"
                                "zzzzzzzzzz"
                                "Oh, we're landing!"
                                Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Working...
                                X