This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gay talks plus stuff I'd rather not say as a topic name

This is my first post, but certainly not my last.
    To summerize: I used to work in a call center(outbound), and I worked there for two years. This call I got happened about three months before I resigned.

People:

Me: The victim
    Th: What I'm thinking
    Mon: The person monitoring the calls and listening in(making sure I'm doing my job)
    G: Some innocent girl on the other line
    SOB: The other girl that came on after the first one

So I get the call in(automatically thank God!)

Beep!(That be the call coming in)

Me: Hi may I speak with <woman's name>?
    G: Okay hang on *places phone down*
    SOB: Hello?
    Me: Hi may I speak with- *interupted*
    SOB: I'M NOT GAY!
    Me: ... *Shocked* What?
    SOB: I'M NOT GAY!
    Me: I didn't say you were, may I spea- *Interupted again*
    SOB: ARE YOU GAY?!
    Me: Um... no? *still shocked*
    SOB: Good. I hate talking to those queers. Anyways, what were you saying?
    Me: *regaining posture* Well, may I spea- *interupted again*
    G: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!
    SOB: Oh my God! Hang on a second! *puts phone down*
    Me: *being safe, in case she was still there* Okay ma'am.
    *screams stop*
    SOB: I'm terribly sorry about that. That was my sister falling down the stairs
    Th: You sure you didn't just push the for girl down the stairs? You seem like the type.
    SOB: Anyways, what were you going to say, sorry about that.
    Me: It's okay. May I speak with <woman's name>?
    SOB: That's me. What can I do for you?
    Th: Getting back on due course...
    Me: Hi this is Ukyo Kuonji calling on behalf of your <new credit card>.
    SOB: Okay.
    Th: Well, this could get back to normal.
    Me: I'm calling today to wel- *interupted*
    SOB: Oh my God! My boyfriend's pulling his d**k out! Hold on one second! *places phone down*
    Me: ... *to stunned to speak*
    SOB: Oh my! I'm back.
    Th: Unfortunately...
    Me: Okay. I'm calling today- *Interupted yet again*
    SOB: Did you hear what I said?
    Me: ... You mean a minute ago?
    SOB: Yeah.
    Me: ... *Thinking carefully about what to say next* Yes.
    SOB: What did I say?
    Th: You want me to repeat something like that in a business? No can do.
    Me: ... Um... I'm not exactly capable of saying that here... *silence on the other line* It seems like you're busy, I'll call back another time...

Upon saying that I attempt to say what's called a TCPA which is pretty much giving the customer a toll free number in case there were questions. After two attempts and being interupted by sounds of her fondling the phone in a very sexual manner(that I never hope to hear on the phone again I must add), I put the sound as low as I can get it and I said the TCPA over her(Three strike rule baby!). When I finished I rolled up the volume again, so see if she's still there. Unfortunately she was, and still having her fun with the phone. At that point I hung up on her.
    A few minutes later a monitor came down and sat next to me with a paper in her hand...

Mon: Take your next call and hang up.
    Th: Oh great what did I do wrong?
    Me: Okay.
    *takes next call, sweating bullets the whole time*
    Me: Okay, what did I do wrong?
    Mon: Wrong? Nothing. I just wanted to show you how you did.
    Th: Sitting next to me and you're saying that? Why don't I believe you?
    Me: Well you normally don't sit down like this unless... you know.
    Mon: Yup. And here's what I'm here for.
    *She passes me the paper*
    Me: *Reading report* Oh no...
    Th: You HAD to get me on that call! HAD to!
    Mon: I wanted to congratulate you. You did a good job.
    Me: I DID? o_O
    Mon: Yup. That's all. Good night. *She leaves after getting my signature on the paper*
    Me: *Sat down with the headphones still in my hands* ... o_O;

Something tells me some other poor call center employee is going to get to talk to her when her bill goes unpaid.

Oh, and
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

lol It wasn't really anything like a bill overdue. It was just a courtesy call. I was supposed to be welcoming the girl as a cardmember. Some thanks I get.

And thanks for the welcome. I think I'll like it here.
      Last edited by NightAngel; 03-23-2007, 05:56 AM. Reason: No need to quote- we just read it.

Comment

Me thinks that the girl was just pulling your leg. She must have thought that you were trying to sell her something, so she tried to have some fun at your expense.

Comment

That's what I was thinking too, but that doesn't excuse the fact that she treated me with such disrespect. I WAS calling about a credit card she just applied for. I actually was going to offer her some program for her card, but as you can see, I didn't get very far.
          Last edited by NightAngel; 03-23-2007, 05:56 AM. Reason: No need to quote- we just read it.

Comment

Oh yeah, she was definitely playing around. But, there was no reason for that kind of behavior. Geez.

And Welcome!
            Oh, "Blah blah blah 'Your Needs'!"

Comment

What a disturbing individual that woman is/was.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

LOL. Ive given someone a good grade on a call like that. Customer was getting calls from a number he didnt recognize, and so she offered to call it for him. She dials the number and gets "Hey stud, I want you to put that big slab of man meat in my mouth and-" she yelped really loud and hung up. She got back on the call, and explained it was an "adult entertainment line" and the guy laughed, saying it must have been his son calling from his phone. I personally went and told the girl she passed with flying colors and she was doing this laughing/crying thing.

Comment

lmao! I had a call like that a few months before this one XD

Comment

Greetings and Welcome to the Forum.

I'm pretty sure that I speak for the rest of us when I say <ahem> WOOHOO! NEW STORIES!

Now that I have that out of my system <grin>

Either this woman is a complete disfunctional, or she was playing with you. Either way it's pretty smurfing rude.

I'll play with a telemarketer but only after I find out what the call is for exactly. My best one was when some poor bugger crossed paths with me when I was in a whimsical mood. He called me up on the phone and asked me if I wanted a free hearing test to see if I qualify for some scrummy hearing aid.

This struck me as incredibly funny and so I played hard of hearing for 15 minutes before he finally quit and hung up.

M
                    I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Sounds like someone who has watched the crank yankers or listened to acts like the touch tone terrorist ( http://www.junkyardwillie.com/ ) or Jim Florentine one to many times. Granted they are funny as hell to listen too, but knowing that they may be real you feel sorry for the poor csr who has to deal with them or the asshats who hear it and think it would be funny to try it.
                      My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

lmao can't argue with you there Digilight. XD
                        These people must have nothing to do, to be able to just do that stuff when a complete stranger calls them up.

Comment

Quoth digilight View Post
                          Sounds like someone who has watched the crank yankers or listened to acts like the touch tone terrorist ( http://www.junkyardwillie.com/ ) or Jim Florentine one to many times. Granted they are funny as hell to listen too, but knowing that they may be real you feel sorry for the poor csr who has to deal with them or the asshats who hear it and think it would be funny to try it.
                          One of the New York stations I listen to does "phone scams" on their morning show. I used to think they were funny but after 10+ years in retail I'm not so amused when they call someone at work and get them all worked up. The only thing that makes it not so bad is that the person being scammed is being set up by someone they know, so it's not like they're just picking numbers out of the phone book. People actually contact the station and say I want to scam my wife/dad/boss/whoever. (Sometimes they call the person at home but sometimes they'll call at work and pretend to be a customer.)

(The afternoon show does something similar, but they are generally just calling random businesses, but it's always the same "character" that the guy does. Those ones I really can't stand!)
                          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

They have a program for that now? Man they're running out of ideas -_-

Comment

Working...
                            X