Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wherein Customer verbally abuses me....

A customer called in to make a payment:

SC: "I want to pay my bill but I am not paying the interest fee"

I look at the account and his last payment was September 16th.The late fee is 2.74.

Me: Sir your last payment was on Sept 16th. Your bill was due on Oct 28th.

SC: I tried to pay it but your system was down so I got frustrated and forgot about it.

Me: I apologize for that but the system was only down for 1 day. You had weeks to pay it. I cannot waive the fee your payment is late.

SC: Why are you being so arrogant to me? Don't you think you are being arrogant with me?

He doesn't pay his damn bill and then makes up excuses why he didn't pay it.He is rude to me from the beginning f the call and then thinks I'm going to waive it.

Typical SC. It's not his fault!! It's someone else's! And of course, if you don't agree with him, that makes you "arrogant." And all that for $2.74??
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

"Fine. If you won't pay any fees, no service for you. Your service will be canceled by the time you get home, and the restart fee is much higher."

Comment

Another standard SC trick. They will pay what they owe but they refuse to pay the penalty for not paying what they owe on time. 9/10 times if you look at the payment history you will see several late payments and also several call ins disputing the fee. Now, had someone called in the day after it was due I see no trouble waving the late fee, especially if there was a system outage. But normally they dont call in until after they get the automated phone call telling them they are late. Normally this is about two weeks after the payment was due. I know where I worked, oftentimes the late fee was not tacked on until the end of the current billing cycle giving them as much as a week after the due date to get the payment in.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          Typical SC. It's not his fault!! It's someone else's! ... all that for $2.74??
          If his ego is worth that amount, who are we to judge? No full payment, no service.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
          X