Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[and the people that tell me they are paying with visa or mastercard or whatever

I don't care what kind it is it means nothing[/QUOTE]

People say it's VISA or Master Card because those are on credit accounts. My customers tell me that so I can select the CREDIT option.
    'Our brightest days are yet to shine'
    'You see the depths of my heart, and You love me the same'

Comment

Quoth pbmods
      We often have problems with customers accidentally selecting 'EBT' (foodstamps) instead of 'ATM' because they're looking for 'DEBIT', and guess what 'EBT' looks like?

In this case, definitely a UI design error.
      At out SCO people with EBT cards will select Debit instead of EBT and try to put their card through. The SCOs can't handle EBT cards so they it tells them to take theit reciepts to the U-check cashier. One problem, if then do scan their EBT cards at the SCO there's a 50/50 chance it will crash within 5 minutes.
      Mon aƩroglisseur est plein des anguilles!"

Comment

Quoth pbmods
        We often have problems with customers accidentally selecting 'EBT' (foodstamps) instead of 'ATM' because they're looking for 'DEBIT', and guess what 'EBT' looks like?

This is a constant problem at my store. I took the iniative and pasted a very small "DEBIT" sign to the ATM button which, incidentally, is right above the printing on the pinpad that says, Debit and Credit.

I even made another tiny sign that pointed to the EBT button that said, Foodstamps Only. Some people think of course that I will only accept foodstamps.

They still don't see it.

Of course, I get the odd customer who asks: Do you accept cash?
        The customer is always right until I decide he isn't.

Comment

Quoth pbmods

That used to happen at Kroger all the time when I worked there. Oh, I enjoyed asking stuck up yuppies "Are you using food stamps?" Then they would get VERY offended and say "No!" and I said "Well why did you press the food stamps button?"

Comment

From the sound of it my credit card system would frighten most of you. For the record though I don't do a lot of CC transactions so I didn't want to spend the money on a printer or new terminal when I got my merchant account when I bought the shop (the old owner was the same way) so we have to make a CC imprint on the fun old clacker type dealie fill it in by hand run the card thru the terminal and manually write in the approval number, then have em sign it and give the cust their carbon copy. Now thats what you call a lengthy CC transaction. Ahh back to the stone ages.
            My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Quoth Sandy
              [and the people that tell me they are paying with visa or mastercard or whatever

I don't care what kind it is it means nothing
              People say it's VISA or Master Card because those are on credit accounts. My customers tell me that so I can select the CREDIT option.[/QUOTE]

I like it when people tell me the kind of card because our store doesn't take some cards, like American Express.
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Visa have a debit card over here, these days. Should make it more confusing

Rapscallion

Comment

If an approval is taking a long time start humming the song "Girl from Impaneema (sp)", kinda like the elevator music in the Blues Brothers.
                  Who knows you might get a laugh.
                  Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Working...
                  X