Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas morons don't compare to Wisconsin rednecks and inbreds. I've never been to the South, and I don't know if it really is what people say it is, but up here we have people who fake talk like they are from the South. Everyone up here is phony......hardly any of them are real farmers or cowboys. They are all just city folk trying to all be like Toby Keith. People from Wisconsin don't have southern drawls.
    Last edited by blas; 03-23-2007, 08:24 PM.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Aww...Blas, you're almost making me miss the people I knew in MI who couldn't live without Nascar and parked their cars on their front lawns.
      "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth cewfa View Post
        Living here in Texas, I must say that the general population (of my town at least) are not idiots, but stupid and cheap. I coined a saying that in the town I live in, you may graduate from high school, but you only get the equivalent of a 3rd Grade education.
        As a college math teacher, I have to agree! The vast majority of my students are fresh out of high school, and it's both amazing and depressing the lack of skills with which they graduate. What's even worse is that I teach in one of the most highly educated areas in the state.
        Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth myswtghst View Post
          Aww...Blas, you're almost making me miss the people I knew in MI who couldn't live without Nascar and parked their cars on their front lawns.
          We have our share in North Carolina as well . . . I suspect if one travels anywhere in the country, they'll find Rednecks are pretty much everywhere.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Knightmare View Post
            LG: "Where are the mowers? I"m telling you, I'm from Texas. I don't know where things are."
            ME: "Ok, you start in Dallas, take the 10 freeway east....
            ... then you walk through the front doors and look to your left. You can't miss them."

Comment

Quoth DGoddess View Post
              We have our share in North Carolina as well . . . I suspect if one travels anywhere in the country, they'll find Rednecks are pretty much everywhere.
              To quote Jeff Foxworthy: "I have been to all fifty states, and there are rednecks in every one of them."

of course, he also said "You show me a three year old running around a flea market in his underpants drinking Coca-Cola out of a baby bottle, and I'll show you a future NASCAR fan. "
              Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

I hear that a lot of Texans down there are pissed that Anna Nicole Smith is being pinned to their state, especially the religious right (hmmmmm...."allegedly" OD'd on drugs, has a kid that nobody knows who the dad is, Playboy pinup). And I'm sure with the media still obsessed with pimping all her antics on the Boob Tube (no pun intended, honestly) isnt helping things either.

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
                  I hear that a lot of Texans down there are pissed that Anna Nicole Smith is being pinned to their state.
                  But she was from Texas; Mexia, to be specific.
                  No reason to be pissed about the truth.
                  Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

My conversations with people from ANY southern state usually goes like this.

Me-Thanks for calling Name A Rental Car in Blank City, this is Rentalracer, how can I help you?

SC(In this case, Southern Customer ) Is this Name a Rental Car in Blank City?

Me-(While grinding teeth together) Yes

SC-This is Billy Jo Bob, and I am calling you from/I am from Southern City, Southern State.

Believe me, I get calls from people all over the country. It is only people from the south in my experience that feel the need to identify where they are calling from. Like I give a Foxtrot Unicorn Charlie Kilo. And 99% of calls from southerners go EXACTLY the same way as above.

But there are dumbasses, rednecks, idiots etc everywhere, its just not the south.
                    If watermelons are made up of water, what are kumquats made up of?
                    www.myspace.com/rentalracer

Comment

Working...
                    X