This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I stood up for a cashier last night

I don't work in customer service anymore but 20 years of it I still have tales to tell coming out of my ears and sympathy for all of you and all out there. It's only been 16 months since I left the call center from the place that will freeze over when the Cubs win the series.

On to the story.

I was shopping last night and stopped at a local convenience store to get the magazine supply for the break room at work. (we buy a supply of magazines each person takes a turn buying them it was my week to buy them)

The person in front of me was giving the casher grief and whiing like a 2 year old because ready for this you better sit down before you read this this is a shocker.

She couldn't make change for a 1.37 purchase out of a 100 dollar bill. This person was obviously buying the cheapest product to just get change.

She politely explained they don't keep a lot of money available in the registers after 10:30 (it was about 1115).

He threatened to call the owner, the company office, the governor the president and the head of the UN.

He claimed to know the owner saying he and Bob were old friends.

I stepped in and said "Oh Bob is such a nice man. Big about 6'7 with all that bushy red hair. And skinny as a rail"

The name of the owner was on the door. It is Bob Larkin.

He said "Yes Bob and I are good friends. He'd fire this girl the second he hears this"

I said "Well, Bob Larkin happens to be my uncle in law. He is about 5'8 and bald as a bowling ball. And he is while not fat hardly skinny as a rail. I suggest you stop abusing cashiers like this and you might get service"

I gave the girl a note with our web address on it. Shes going to come here soon.

The guy slunked out.

To top it off

To top it off if the guy hadn't been such a butthat I would have probably made the change for him. I'm going to a birthday party for my nephew tonight and we're giving him 100 dollars.

Comment

Great take-down!

Rapscallion, grinning

Comment

Pwned! I hate morons who think they can impress anyone just by saying they know the owner. You fake idiot.

And sweet, always nice to see new additions to CS.
        "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

I love the cashiers and fellow customers who try to test SCs like that by quizzing them on the owners of the store.......

I was always tempted to ask SCs who said "I know the owner of this store and I will have your piddly ass job for this!" (this of course was because I carded someone or hadn't opened the beer cooler yet because it wasn't 8 AM yet)......I was always tempted to ask "What's his name? Who's his favorite football team? What does he drive? How many kids does he have?"
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I luv what you did....... you can go through my line anytime!!!!!!
            It's so nice to be insane; no one asks you to explain...
            -Helen Reddy

Comment

I just hope that wasn't a quick changer. If so, you deserve a pat on the back for saving that cashier from possibly being scammed.

Comment

On behalf of Cashiers everywhere.......

Mike
                Meow.........

Comment

I've stepped in to defend cashiers like that, but I've never been so clever! Good Show!

Comment

Debit is an option unless they enforce a minimum pay amount.
                    Credit can be an option too
                    Cash can be changed anywhere else
                    It's impossible to make change out of an $100 bill if there is a 10, 2 fives, 5 one dollars and $4.00 worth of change. People can't conjure things up for what they don't have or we wouldn't have jobs schmuck.
                    Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

Excellent! Nice work! And I've heard that cashiers should be wary of large bills for such small things too, there's a good chance the $100 bill is a forgery.

I once had a customer claim they knew the CEO of the huge company I worked for. There was a minor problem with her credit card, and she angrily told me "Well, when I see Mr XXXXX on Saturday, I'll just ask him to fix this up for me!"
                      I was so surprised at that tactic that I took her at her word and just said "OK, sure".
                      There was silence for a bit and she hung up. I don't think she expected that to backfire on her!
                      Lol, I don't think the CEO would even recognise the computer system we use to fix those problems. I'm pretty sure he had bigger fish to fry, like international mergers, corporate takeovers, that sort of thing. In retrospect, it may have been a threat intended to convey that 'fixing it up' meant getting me fired, but again, I think the CEO has bigger fish to fry, what with running a huge international financial institution and all.

Comment

It reminds me of the one time I did fire right back at "I know so and so and your fired"

It was late, busy, and had a guy doing a few bottle returns. Now this guy looked poor. Not homeless, but poor. A few bottles I couldn't take because we don't sell. (We don't take back brands we don't sell, since in theory, they never paid the bottle deposit. I like this policy cause it saves us from taking back thousands of Fred Meyer cans).

I politely told him I couldn't take them. The guy freaked. He shouted I was going to get fired since I'm /new/. (I was filling in for the store, but I had worked for Plaid for two years prior). I just nodded and told him to speak to the manager to get me fired if he can.

Then he proceeded to tell me he was the DISTRICT MANAGER's husband.
                        Now how he knew the distict manager was a woman is pretty good, but then he had a 50 percent chance I guess...

I just nodded and said "your the ugliest woman I ever seen then..."

See, I did know the Distract Manger. She's one of the ones that got me hired.

She's also a lesbian. Also a huge clean freak.

But I guess all clean freak lesbians lust after dirty men.
                        Military Spouse Support.
                        http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                        Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth PharmTechPhantom View Post
                          I've stepped in to defend cashiers like that, but I've never been so clever! Good Show!
                          Same here. Sometimes I'm quickly clever, but more often I realize clever things I could've said after the fact.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                          X