This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So... did it record after all?
    Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

[QUOTE=pbmods;7870Why they don't actually incorporate UPS into computer power supplies, I'll never know.[/QUOTE]

Ever pick up a UPS? They're <I>really</I> heavy.
      All glory to the hypno-toad.

Comment

You know what I'd like to see to prevent gas drive offs? You pull into the pump and a lift picks your car three inches off the ground. You pay and the lift drops your car back to the ground and you can drive off.

M
        I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
          I like New Jersey's gas station setups. FULL SERVICE! It's kind of hard to steal gas when a worker is doing it instead of you. I mean, you are surrounded by a bunch of workers.
          I'm with you there! I've heard people complain about the fact that you can't pump your own gas, but I'd just as soon stay warm (or cool, depending on the season) in my car, and not risk getting gas on my hands or otherwise dirty in the process. (Though I still don't understand why it's illegal...48 other states manage to not be blown up when every Tom, Dick and Harriet pumps their own gas....)

When I lived in PA for a year I was happy that the closest station to my apartment happened to be full serve, and it was even cheaper than the others nearby.

*My only problem is when they don't close the gas cap all the way - it happened to me twice in less than six months, and the engine light comes on and then I have to take it in to have the computer reset. For which they charge over 50 bucks. Now I try to listen for the clicks and if I don't hear it I'll check it when I get home.
          Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 02-13-2007, 01:36 PM. Reason: typo
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Every pump that I've seen in Arizona is prepay. I think that's a good idea. That will definitely prevent drive-offs (though, sadly, it can't prevent beer runs or armed robbery). I don't see why other states don't adopt this, or why people complain about it. Dude, you have to pay for the gas eventually. Unless you're trying to pull a fast one, don't whine!

We'll be moving to Oregon in a couple of weeks. Having someone else pump gas into my car will take some getting used to.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
              Having someone else pump gas into my car will take some getting used to.
              I remember having gas pumped for us back in the late 80s/early 90s. Just recently, I found a gas station that has that service. I was quite shocked to find such a station and I live in Michigan. The downside for the poor gas guys is that this station is in a town that houses most of my VIP SCs.
              The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Working...
              X