Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unbelievable...well, I guess it IS believable.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my ex has asthma...doesn't stop him from smoking. idiot. he doesn't smoke all that much, cuz he doesn't smoke at work and half the rest of the time he's asleep, but still. idiot.

I went in to work one afternoon, and cut down the side to avoid the main aisle and the customer service desk. I was wearing my coat and scarf; had bag, lunch, and umbrella in hand, and a woman sitting on the floor looking at parenting books looks up and me and says "do you work here?" I just said "no" and continued on my way to the break room.

Jimaz, don't feel too bad. I've been known to help people on occasion when I stop in to visit friends in the bookstore. But only if it's something easy and they're really busy. I even answered the phone 3 times one night when I stopped into Store1 and I haven't worked in that store for almost 3 years!
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
      my ex has asthma...doesn't stop him from smoking. idiot. he doesn't smoke all that much, cuz he doesn't smoke at work and half the rest of the time he's asleep, but still. idiot.
      My ex smokes and has rather severe asthma, interestingly the asthma only bothers her when she tries to quit smoking. I remember she went without for a week, and by the end of it could barely climb the stairs without having an attack.

I'm rather looking forward to the pub ban on smoking over here, hopefully it'll make it easier for me to quit. (I usually have two cigarettes a day on work days, none on study days, and a pack on pub nights, so not being able to smoke in pubs should make things simpler)
      Proactive Karma Engineer

Comment

If there is no other manager on duty I cannot log out for my break. I have to sit up in the office in case I am needed. Customers will ignore the sign saying ring bell for service and glare at me. I usually duck down so they can't see me. People waiting in line will also glare at me. Hello, eating. I actually got a complaint about me not running down there because I was eating. We have cashiers for a reason.
        I have PMS and a black belt. Any questions?

This random moment is brought to you by the letters A D and D.

Comment

Quoth Mr B Rabbit View Post
          I'm rather looking forward to the pub ban on smoking over here,
          I noticed a restaurant that had "Non Smoking Restaurant" on the window...odd thing to advertise, since NJ has been smoke free in all restaurants for about a year now...and the restaurant hasn't been there much longer than that...
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Mark Healey View Post
            Try California. In a suburb of San Fransicso (the smug capital of the universe) they are going to make it illegal to smoke everywhere except in single family homes.
            Damn those smug San Franciscans... they think they're so much better than us Sorry... couldn't resist
            GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth Mark Healey View Post
              In a suburb of San Fransicso (the smug capital of the universe)
              The adults like the smell of their own farts, and the children spend their days trying new pharmaceutical drugs.

Towely has nothing on them.

/Thanks, South Park
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
              X