This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF? 3 mins!?

Techinally this happened yesterday. Anyways we we're really busy. Let me break it down: line up to the door, last day of spring break, fair, sunday (church crowd) and I was on taco bell....usually I don't mind being on taco bell but I haven't been on there for over 2 weeks....they've been trying to train two other girls and I can only work the weekends (failing my classes but oh well ) It also took me 3 HOURS to put tamotos in water!!! Only had the last 30 mins for prep....
    During the rush this "woman" comes up to the counter orders and waits. Apparently she doesn't like that her order has been sitting on the warmer for her words "3 minuets"! Did I mention we were short a cashier!! Who usually never shows up and never calls (sometimes she never shows up for cook neither) the lady starts screaming at the girl who hands her the meal...who just so happens to be the manger of the store My manger tries to explain to the woman about how were short handed and (OMFG) a 3 minuet wait would she like some brownies or an apple pie for her "troubles" (maybe she had trouble breathing as she puffed herself up? hehehehe) the woman started screaming again something like "this isn't gonna satify me!!!" she then demands to see the person above her...this is when my manger gets an evil laugh..."I am the manger of the store." the woman starts to sputter and just when you think she runs out of juice she found a source. "I wonna speak to someone above you!" "Theres the owner..." my manger said. She then preceds to give the owners name but the stores phone number and address!!! Before she left my manger said "do you relise since you decided to stand here and agrue with me you've made everyone else wait longer?" the woman screamed "I don't care!!!" and stormed off. She's so cool!
    Also on the same day, I remember his order prefectly. Two three piece meals both with colslaws all white (6 pieces of white) he was waiting 9 minuets so I offered him compensation...he took the brownies. Came back within 15 seconds. "What is this!? This isn't white! I want a breast!" now I hate it when they say breast....since mine *cough* are *cough* enough to feel uncomfetable *cough cough* espically when wearing "the taste lives here" shirt....staring at your chest EVERY SINGLE TIME!!! So back to the idiot. I explain to him white is the ribs and wings and breasts are a $1 extra. He gets high and mighty and with all the customers and everything else happening...it was my lifes work for him no to get those kiels. I know that the cashier is going to offer him some but dumbass we be busy, "else you pay a $1 extra your all white meals come with wings and ribs" agrued for a while and muttered off about breasts....hmmm guess it's the only time he can touch them besides his own....
    V-Con 2009 and Anime Evolution 2010

And the sad thing is that upper management will throw you under the bus by kissing the customers' rear end so they can come back into your store and throw it in your face.

Plus, form now on they'll brag to you that they're the owner's friend.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

The amount of minutes a customer has to wait for something is magnified by the depths of their stupidity.

I had a customer one time who was transferred to me by our tech support team. She starts the call right off by informing me that she has been holding for me for 5 minutes (I look at the timestamp in the account notes from the last rep, which was about 2 minutes before I got the call). As we're going over the call (I can't remember exactly what the issue was) her concept of time became more and more skewed.

SC: I can't believe I have to go through all this! After I already had to hold for 20 minutes.
      ME : Well, there is a short process, but I'll be as quick as possible.
      -Not 2 minutes later...-
      SC: This is ridiculous! I demand to speak to a supervisor! I can't believe I had to hold for 45 minutes and now I have to go through all this!
      ME (you haven't even been on this call from the time you first connected with tech for 10 minutes!): I can assure you that-
      SC: Give me a supervisor RIGHT NOW! And make it quick. I already had to hold for an hour!

So I inform my lead rep of the situation and she takes the call. I listen in with my headset muted for a few seconds when I hear this:

LEAD: Yes, I understand you wanted to speak to a supervisor?
      SC: That's right. Are you the supervisor?
      ME (They always ask)
      LEAD : Yes. I am the supervisor. How can I help you?
      SC: First of all, you have to understand how frustrated I am with you people. She (me) put me on hold for several minutes-
      *Yeah, my Lead's desk was on the other side of the wall. The wall, which is only 4 feet high. I didn't even have to leave my desk*
      SC: And this is after I was already put on hold to speak to her for an hour and a half by the first guy....

Sometimes I wish the company would buy me a plane ticket so I can go to people's door and hit them in the nose with a rolled up newspaper.
      "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

What is it with SCs and their timekeeping?
        I was setting up a return on a prouduct for a guy recently so i asked if i could put him on hold while i generated the return number.

He agreed, so i put the guy on hold.

The return system is automated, so to generate a returns number for the customer takes about a minute and a half no more.

As soon as i have the number, i take the guy off hold. The guy was on hold for less than 2 mins.

Me: Ok sir, i have that returns number for you
        SC: *speaking in a really snotty tone* Please explain to me why that took 8 minutes to get.
        Me: WTF

Comment

Quoth Fraggle View Post
          SC: *speaking in a really snotty tone* Please explain to me why that took 8 minutes to get.
          Me: WTF
          The worst I ever had with an SC on hold was a woman who I had to put on hold to look up the info she wanted. I get back on the phone and...

SC: My hold time was unacceptable. There is no excuse for an 11 minute hold time.
          ME: Ma'am, I have no idea what you're talking about.
          SC: You, you dumb -- you put me on hold for over twelve minutes.
          ME: Ma'am, I did no such thing, for neither 11 nor over 12 minutes. You were on hold for exactly <Bonnie checks out timer on phone> 2 minutes and 53 seconds. One moment, please, while I notate that on your account....
          SC: And while you're at it....
          ME: Yes, ma'am, I will also be notating the account that you referred to me with an obscenity. The information you originally requested is <blah blah biddee blah>.

{The account memos I made for that call contained the words belligerent, verbally abusive, and excessively rude }

Of course, that does beg the question -- do SC's really think that calling me a will entice me into helping them further?
          I mean, I could have saved her about $25 on one month's bill, if she hadn't called me a . But she did, and as I had already resolved the issue she had called about, my job was technically done.
          Reason #2 I left the XYZTV department at my call center: the customers were the bottom of the barrel and typically called us everything but human.
          NEXT!

Comment

Of course, Bonnie, don't you know customers think that by calling you names and degrading your existence, they think you'll just kow-tow to their whims, as they're obviously chipping away at your already low self-esteem from working in a customer-oriented environment/McDonald's/whatever.
            Hmmm...
            It could be an attempt at a Sub/Dom thing...
            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
              It could be an attempt at a Sub/Dom thing...
              Wow, I never thought of it that way, Juwl. Now every time a customer is screaming unreasonable demands in my ear, I'll be like, "Ew, go away you pervert"

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
                "Ew, go away you pervert"
                You don't already?

Oh, no, I've changed someone's line of thought about customers!
                I was trying to think of a more recent way to explain that customers think we are their slaves...
                "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Don't sweat it. It's not like I hated them any less before

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
                    Don't sweat it.
                    The only sweating I do is comically oversized and hangs only from my left temple.
                    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

HEHEHEHEHEH

Quoth draggar View Post
                      And the sad thing is that upper management will throw you under the bus by kissing the customers' rear end so they can come back into your store and throw it in your face.

Plus, form now on they'll brag to you that they're the owner's friend.
                      My manger is the one that gave her the food.....she is the manger of the the ENTIRE STORE and entitlement whore like that get on her nerves and she barely lets them have anything
                      V-Con 2009 and Anime Evolution 2010

Comment

People who have trouble telling time shouldn't be allowed near phones.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                          People who have trouble telling time shouldn't be allowed near phones.
                          Can I use that excuse next time I get a job that's mostly answering phones? I worked at a fairly large Banking company two summers in a row before I graduated high school. The year after, I started working there full time, not realizing I was going to become the secretary for an entire department. They had me making cold calls to companies we had loan apps from, that were months, and, in some cases, years, old. Told my boss one day that phones tend to freak me out, she said, "Well, that's the major part of the job."

I never did really like her. She left about halfway through my time there, and the lady who took over was only marginally better.

I only worked there about a year, then got the blame for a lost file, because I had the last notes in the system. Uh-huh, I only take loans to three places in this company, if they're not there, it's not my fault.
                          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Phone calls.

What would be funny Kara, is if you were working in the same area Embiechan and I were. but I doubt it, aaaaaanyway. Yea... What's fun is when you get a customer saying I've been on hold for 5 minutes (which is avg in my tech dpt, we're understafffed).

The only ones I think that get any real say... are those who've been on hold 45 minutes or better... and that's cuz something broke recently... I actually got to laugh at a couple of customers cuz they'd been on hold for 15 minutes.

Impatient people make me laugh.

Comment

I guess these impatient customers are the ones who can't quite grasp how to play solitaire or free cell. That's what I do when I'm on hold.
                              Michael: Maybe you'll be inspired by the boat party tonight and start a career as a pirate.
                              Tobias: I haven't packed for that.
                              <3 Arrested Development

Comment

Working...
                              X