Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many moons ago I worked at an outbound market research firm. This one "lady" I had the misfortune of calling demanded to know "Why don't I get off my goddamn a** and go to church!" Yeah that's real pious
    Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
      And, imagine what Christmas Eve was like with those heading to midnight Mass!
      Which is funny because Catholics aren't supposed to eat an hour (ish) before receiving Communion, so why the need for groceries?

Comment

Quoth Talon View Post
        Many moons ago I worked at an outbound market research firm. This one "lady" I had the misfortune of calling demanded to know "Why don't I get off my goddamn a** and go to church!" Yeah that's real pious

That sounds like my cousin's bitch ex-wife! She not only uses every four letter word imaginable yet defends the name of God constantly.....she also imposes her beliefs on others and tells everyone else their flaws, flaws meaning their religion and so forth. Now, I am not a very religious person, and even if I were, I still respect others out there for what they believe in and what they worship. I am married to a Jewish lady and both of us have learned to accept each other's beliefs, holidays, everything.
        Last edited by greensinestro; 03-30-2007, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post
          Which is funny because Catholics aren't supposed to eat an hour (ish) before receiving Communion, so why the need for groceries?
          I'd not heard that particular requirement, but I imagine that it's so they have some food on the table when they get home?

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
            I'd not heard that particular requirement, but I imagine that it's so they have some food on the table when they get home?

Rapscallion
            That yeah, but if you're going from grocery store directly to midnight mass...

OH and my granny told me that requirement, so it could be a farce she used to keep me from eating before church

Comment

Working...
            X