Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All in one day...sigh (very long, buckle up)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
    And yes, a secondary use of the word "ya'll" down here is indeed used in reference to the Mystery Employee.
    At least the guy isn't a Pittsburgher. We say "Yunz" up here
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I actually get guys from the Bronx calling in once in a while you say "youse," and "youse guys."

fuhgeddaboudit
      "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth ominousoat View Post
        SC: I'm gonna' disconnect this call if you dun' say something that makes sense!

Apparently FREE is the only thing he understands--if it's not FREE then it "dun make sense".
        Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
          Sweet Zombie Jesus! I think I've seen Nerf that was sharper than this...this...you know, words are inadequate to describe just how low this guy is on the evolutionary ladder.

Makes me want to buy him an iPod with an 80GB mp3 of someone going "Breathe in...Breathe out...Breathe in...Breathe out"

M
          So glad I was observing Rule #1.

I have to admit, it's a toss-up as to which is scarier: this guy can actually breathe OR know how to use a shotgun.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
            "ya'll" and you can even say "all ya'all"
            Don't ask me where I heard this, but Ya'll is singular. The plural of it is "All ya'll"
            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Whew. Done, right? Nope, right after that I received a stupid, but uninteresting sucky customer with a frighteningly effete voice (much like the first, but with a good vocabulary) who simply wanted to whine to me. Thanks to him I ended up being late getting off work, and simply wanting to die.

YUP! All in one day, all one after the other. How did this happen?

I don't know about you, but when they start repeating themselves and saying the same things over and over again like a broken record, I tell them I have to get onto my next call and that unless they have something NEW to add, I have to end the call. That gets most of them off, unless it's a real oddball who suddenly remembers a new detail he wants to add on.. like the color of the employees socks

Also, I like the way you handled yourself. Pay the Bill or no Soup for you! Kudos

I once had a guy who kept saying that he was given a terrorist threat by the manager of a location. When I question him further about said 'terrorist' threat, I determined the truth and proceeded to call him on it.

Me: So really, it's not a terrorist threat at all is it? It was a perfectly legal threat, banning you from the store.

SC: Well yeah, I guess so. But how can he do that (all sucky customer whiny like)

Me: Doesn't matter, we stand by the decisions of our managers. If you don't like, have your lawyer contact our legal department.

At about $150 an hour, I don't think there's much 'threat' we have to worry about from this glutton.

Peace
              Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                Don't ask me where I heard this, but Ya'll is singular. The plural of it is "All ya'll"
                Sort of...

"Ya'll" refers to a group of people, but only a single group.

You would use "All ya'll" if you were referring to multiple groups of people.

For example, a member of the waitstaff would tell a single party waiting to be seated that "Someone will be around to seat ya'll shortly", however, if there were multiple separate parties waiting to be seated, then it would be "Someone will be around to seat all ya'all shortly."

I hope that made sense.

And here ends your "Southern English" Language lesson.

Comment

HW: WHERE'S YOUR TECHNICIAN!

ME, looking at account: He wasn't able to make it today since he had a series of emergency orders.

HW: UNACCEPTABLE! I MAKE $35 AN HOUR! I WANT THAT BACK!

ME: I will send a message to the local office stating you want recripication but we guarentee nothing.

HW: WELL YOU BETTER PAY ME BACK! I'M SENDING YOU ALL A BILL! [click]
                  I make eight dollars an hour and the whole "wait by the door between the hours of ten and five and we might send someone by" set-up bothers me. It's actually one of the things that's kept me from getting cable. Though I didn't know there was any manner of recripication* available.

*Is that a word?
                  You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

Quoth Sofar View Post
                    I make eight dollars an hour and the whole "wait by the door between the hours of ten and five and we might send someone by" set-up bothers me.
                    Bothers me as well, but having been one of those technicians I can sympathise. Eight calls to do in a day, with six hours of driving, all having to be done between nine and five and all with their own problems. Not only that but often you don't get your schedule until the evening before (if you're lucky, some companies just hand it out when people get to the depot) and you have to try and plan the route as best you can.

So no, I don't like the system, but people who complain that they're making so much per hour and wasting their time annoy me somewhat. If you're losing that much money, don't ask me to come out and fix your laptop. And you better be there when I get there because no, I'm not going to sit for half an hour waiting for you to get back when I've got another four calls to do.
                    Proactive Karma Engineer

Comment

Hmm. I make less then 35, but i get vacation time.
                      Plus i know atleast 2 people who I could get to wait at my apartment, for said cable guy to show up.
                      I actually had to have one wait for 2 days once. The tech had to reschedule, for whatever reason.
                      I ended up getting home before the tech showed up anyway.
                      http://www.vilecity.com/index.php?r=221271
                      Cyberpunk mayhem!

Comment

ME: Okay...one has a credit because we overcharged you. Two have past due balances. Those need to be paid to avoid disconnect.

SC: I don't want to get no disconnect notices from y'all! It's bad business.

ME: Well...there's a past due balance...and if you don't pay your bills on time...you get disconnected.

SC: Y'all said I didn't have to pay!
                        This is where you know the call is only going to get worse, much worse. He didn't happen to be calling from an 867 area code did he?
                        ...but I'm a bastard and so desensitized to the scum of humanity that I'm immune to the Stun status effect.
                        Quoth Gravekeeper

Comment

Let me take a stab at this.

Singular: Yer "I see yer over there."
                          Plural: Y'all "I see y'all over there."
                          Plural Inclusive: all y'all "I see all y'all over there."
                          Singular possesive: Yer'n "I seen yer'n truck the other day."
                          Plural possesive: y'all's "I y'all's trucks the other day."

Ultimately giving: "I seen yer wife in yer'n truck out behind y'all's barn with Bubba. I figure yer'n family ought to get y'all's shotguns and learn him a lesson.

But maybe that's just where I grew up.
                          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Wow geek king...that's frighteningly thorough...I'm impressed...and scared.
                            Your dignity shredded in five minutes or less, or your abuse is free.

Comment

"I seen yer wife in yer'n truck out behind y'all's barn with Bubba. I figure yer'n family ought to get y'all's shotguns and learn him a lesson."

Ah. A native speaker.

Comment

Working...
                              X