This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if it's all scripted?

I know it's only Tuesday, but one call today and one yesterday has me wondering if these people are planning the whole conversation before they call me. They seem bound and determined to say their lines regardless of what I have to say!

SC: we've had nothing but problems with your equipment. I had another company come out and unhook your equipment and so now I know the problem is all with you.

Me: Let me look up your account (take name and pull up acct, she's had service calls before but it was for things like someone unplugged the compressor and someone put the equipment on vacation mode - neither is due to faulty equipment) I could have someone come out and look at the equipment and see what is wrong with it.

SC: No, I don't want it hooked back up, I want someone to do something about the fact it was causing problems. (every time we were there we recommended that she have someone look at the water softener which is proprietary and so we can't repair it)

Me: Well, if you don't want it repaired then I won't be able to help you and I would have to pass this on to someone else and have them call you back. (she's had it for 18 months)

SC: I'm going to sue you.

Me: Now why you would you want to threaten to sue us after I offered to have someone call you back that would better be able to handle your concern?

SC: I didn't threaten you. (call ends with me repeating once again someone will call her back)

And now today. Tech is at her house. She had service last week, but there was another problem with the under sink reverse osmosis unit (r/o):

SC: I've had this r/o for 2 years and now your tech is here and he is telling me that there is suddenly a problem with a pump and it will cost $200 to replace it. Why would the pump go bad? How can this happen? Why would it happen after 2 years? It was never a problem before. (Now I'm not a tech and have no idea why, what, when, or how and the owner is on vacation)

Me: I really don't know much about repairing the units, the best I can do is have the service manager call you to explain what could have caused this problem.

SC: Well, I'm not paying for the pump today (we don't bill for services) I'm not paying until I understand how this could happen.

Me: We don't usually bill for services, so why don't we not install the pump until you have spoken to the service manager concerning the r/o

SC: No, I already told him to install it and it's already done. I just don't think I should be having a problem with the r/o and so I don't see why I should pay for it right now.

Me: I'm going to have G call you right back and see if he can explain this better then B who is at your house now.

SC: I've bought all of my water equipment from you for many years. I've been a customer for 15 years.

Me: ok, well, like I said I am going to have G call you right back.

BTW after G called she did pay the bill

I don't understand why she's calling you to ask why it went bad, when the tech is at her house!
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Pumps wear out, go bad or get gremlin gunk in them. Stuff breaks lady. I wonder what she would say if the A/C goes out in her car - "why did it suddenly stop working? where did all the freon go? I shouldn't have to pay for this it's only 10 years old. yadda, yadda, yadda."
      Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Oh Cia they do it all the time. On the ISP the most common line for someone with a failing winmodem is "it CANT be my computer, it worked before!!", I've tried using the "The requisite for something to break is for it to work in the first place", I've tried. "Our system was working before too..." (Since they accuse the "server" of being broken). And variants. It never works.
        I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Quoth Syndrn View Post
          SC: I didn't threaten you.
          "So, that was a promise? Hold please!" *transfer to legal department*
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
          X