This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Bonnie Bitch View Post
    And the time frame of two weeks was still arbitrary guesswork, as proven yet again.
    Um, no. Not unless I was completely and utterly unable to make my point.

Two weeks can be a concrete and confirmable timeframe. To say that it is "arbitrary guesswork" is, in and of itself, arbitrary guesswork. It's an unsupported assumption. It might be accurate, but with so little data, it's a premature conclusion.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth TWOLF View Post
      Yeah I did think of giving her a credit, but there is a problem to this and one the company upholds. If a customer gets a credit for the vm not working and is optional to use or not, then who is to say that if their vm stops working(not charged for as well) they won't call in about that. The problem becomes the customer will start calling in for any exscuse for a credit and we start paying them to be with us. Really it's a judgement call and as one person stated no sup would budge on this matter. What drives me nuts is that she waited that long to call in. I'll be nice but there is only so much niceness you can give in a day. Ido aggree that there should be something we could have done,but if we don't know what is going on or what is causing the issue, then how can you give out a credit for this?
      If the problem is that great, and so likely to come up, then the company should separate out the voice mail from the rest of the services, with a distinct charge, so that it can make a pro-rated matter and it will be broken down without any difficulties.

If it's not broken out separately, then it's simply part of the package I'm paying for, and I expect some sort of 'courtesy credit' or something similar when it isn't provided.

Note: I would hold the customer to some standard of proof with the kind of issue being discussed here. At the bare minimum, "How do you know that your service has been out for two weeks, Ma'am?" But I wonder how many complaints we'd get in here from, say, the aforementioned sandwich shop workers if, every time a customer received their sandwich, they stopped at the counter before leaving (thereby holding all the other customers up) and checked to make certain all the ingredients are there. Declaring 'Caveat Emptor!' in a case like this is just BEGGING for customers to be even more anal retentive than they already manage.

Comment

I find this whole thread and the escalations in it rather amusing. I'm not trying to get a rise out of anyone, I just think that if my VM went out, I'd likely not notice, as I've had minor service glitches with VM not showing up before, and I don't think it would ever, in a million years, occur to me to call the company and want something in return.

Partly this is because I'm rather laid back. The other part is because, when you break down how much you pay for service and divide it by all the services you get (VM, texting, internet, etc), it seems like such a minute amount of money for a credit. Honestly--I probably spent the credit by waiting on the phone to talk to someone. But again, that's just me.
        "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Working...
        X