Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-"Can I speak to somebody else?". Either there is no one else or "somebody else" will tell them the exact same thing that I did.

-"Blah blah bureaucracy..blah blah blah red tape...." They usually don't even know what the hell they are talking about.
    -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
    -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

Quoth Mr. Rude View Post
      New rule #1: If you call & respond with the word "umm" to more than 2 questions in a row, my handset battery will "mysteriously" die.
      Especially if one of those questions is "What is your name?"

Zinjadu, the "I left my money in the car" people drove me nuts. Is it just me or is it a guy 99% of the time?
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Lawyer and lawsuit.

Wait, I like it when they say that because then I can say "Since you are going to get legal advice on this I cannot assisst you anymore, your lawyer will have to contact (my company's) legal department. Have a nice day."
        Quote Dalesys:
        ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
          Zinjadu, the "I left my money in the car" people drove me nuts. Is it just me or is it a guy 99% of the time?
          BookstoreEscapee,

You're so right - it's almost always a guy! Not that I'm man-bashing or anything. . . Women usually carry purses and have everything in them.
          It's like I'm wearing Eau de Moron and all of the idiots and assholes are attracted to me... -JuniorMintz

Comment

The words i absolutely hate to hear, (besides "i'd like to make a reservation" or 'do you have hourly rates?") are "so what are you going to do about this?"

"Oh, sir, i'm so sorry the housekeepers neglected to make your bed. It's our fault that we don;t make it completely clear that on order for us to change your sheets, we need you to take all of your personal belongings off the bed first. That is definately our bad.

Here is some money and a coupon for a free stay. Please don't let us lose your business, YOU are WAY too important to us to lose as a customer"
            [/rant]

Comment

Wow, where to start?

"Do you work here?" Don't we all hate this one?
              "Can I have a minute of your time?" Hell no!
              "How are my friend?" I immediately get defensive when total strangers use that line.
              The word "comprehensive". It means bullshit.
              "I have to walk all that way?" Yes there are times you may have to waddle a whole fifty feet. Hopefully your heart won't explode.
              "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

SC walks up, waits patiently until I have time for them then announces to everyone "I HAVE A QUESTION!" and walks the other way, expecting me to follow.

Nice woman waits until her turn then says "My husband needs you to answer a question for him." Follow her gaze and a slovenly man lounges back in one of the chairs in our display rooms talking on his cell phone. Seriously? He couldn't get off his ass to come ask me the question himself? Instead I have to leave my info station and everyone else waiting patiently in line because he felt like sending wifey to do his bidding!

Comment

I almost forgot these gems:

"Yeah..."-If this word is the first response to your polite greeting and offer of assistance, you know that what follows is not going to be pleasant.

"Yeah, but..."-Usually a response to a perfectly reasonable solution you've offered that the customer finds "unacceptable" (see above) for whatever reason. You can expect to hear "yeah, but" repeated at least five more times before the customer goes away or hangs up.
                  The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

"Do you work here?"

No, I don't. The manager just gave me this shirt with the store name screenprinted across the front because they looked so comfortable. And sometimes, while wearing my comfy shirt, I pop in and stock shelves, do paperwork, or hell, sometimes I even run the cash register! But no, I do not work here.

"I'm never shopping in your store again!"

Ever notice how all the ones that say that are the ones you never want to see in your store again? Funny how that works out, ain't it?
                    Last edited by ContraCorriente; 03-30-2007, 03:25 PM. Reason: deh speeling wuz offf
                    "several million years for a monkey to turn into a man. oh wait thats right. monkeys dont live several million years."
                    -FSTDT

Comment

I hate, repeat HATE, 'Why?'
                      Especially if you've just spent 10 minutes explaining why you cannnot do whatever unreasonable request the sc has made.

Then you launch into another explanation and at the end you are asked 'why?'

Comment

Some new ones:

"Waive" as in: Surely you could waive that? Even though you don't know me, and I've been a bastard to you this whole time...please, for me?

"Bullshit" which is the sucky customers reply after you just give them a long and extremely well worded answer to their question.

"Social Security" as in "I'm on social security so you should [give me free gas, waive additional charges, change my due date, grovel at my feet, admit I have never done anything wrong in my life, have a technician floating just outside my house at all times at my beck and call but not too close so as to be invading my privacy.].

And of course, the words that speak for themselves "Let me ask you this..."
                        Your dignity shredded in five minutes or less, or your abuse is free.

Comment

"I'd like to set up my phone as a modem....why no, I'm not in front of my computer"
                          "I'd like to set up my phone as a modme....why no, I don't have the phone with me"

"I'd like to have email on my phone...what do you mean I need an email account to be created first!"

"I want you to help me set up my latest whizz-bang phone on my old clunkety Win 3.1 machine"

*sigh*
                          *headdesk*
                          The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

"well, its $xx.xx at [random store], why don't you price match?"

"do they have...?" who the fuck is "they"?

"im looking for a book..." holy shit, for reelz?

" its not scanning so it must be free! " when has that ever happened? and its not funny.
                            Kim: She's got one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

I'd like to exercise my constitutional right to not give a fuck.

Comment

Quoth B&NGoddess View Post
                              " its not scanning so it must be free! " when has that ever happened? and its not funny.
                              Oh, God, I hate it when they say that. Is it just me, or are 99% of the people that make this comment over the age of 60?
                              "several million years for a monkey to turn into a man. oh wait thats right. monkeys dont live several million years."
                              -FSTDT

Comment

Oh God, I can't even READ that without going insane!!!! Noooo!!!! They also like to say that if there is no price tag.
                                "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

Working...
                                X