This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doing it right

I frequent various cooking blogs, and some of them have links to suppliers of cooking goodies. Sometimes they also have discount codes you can use when purchasing from said suppliers.

I just bought some vanilla beans from one such link up, but the owner of the business had changed his site so there was no longer a place to enter a discount code. The owner of both the blog and the supplier had both changed their sites considerably and that particular discount code had been up for quite a long while. I think they both had forgotten about it.

I placed my order and sent a polite email to the supplier inquiring about that code, mainly asking if it was still valid and if so would it be applied to my order? I got a prompt response, also very polite, indicating that the supplier had indeed forgotten that discount code even existed and offering to apply it to my order in one of a couple of different ways, and asking me to email him when I place any further orders so that he can continue to apply the discount, until he can figure out a way to get a coupon box back on his site.

So this gentleman has absolutely guaranteed that the next time I am able to order vanilla beans, I will be using his company again.
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga
Working...
X