This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A second for me

I dont know what it is about my attitude or how much I help people but sometimes...

I am a manager of a game store in a mall. I basically work for Gord 2.0 so can be very rude to SCs and am encouraged to do so. However, some people must really love me. This is not a job that gets tips at all but in the past few months I have received $15 in tips just for helping people find something that is not outside of my job. Just today for instance, I helped someone find a store in another part of town that sells what he needs, he left $10 on the counter (very much on purpose) and walked out.

Just when I think the day is going to be all nice and airy, some woman comes in, puts some card sleeves on the counter, and asks in the nastiest tone ever "can I get a discount on these? I come in here all the time". I want her out of the store so I say "$4.50 inc tax" (normally $5 after tax). "You cant do $4? My son is here all the time". Son speaks up "mummy, I never come here". Cue Cat Butt Face from Mummy dearest. She paid the $4.50 and left.
    Last edited by EricKei; 07-18-2013, 10:38 PM.
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Quoth Sandiercy View Post
    "can I get a discount on these? I come in here all the time". I want her out of the store so I say "$4.50 inc tax"

"No."

Or

"Well usually that question rates the price being doubled, so for you, I'll take the doubling off and you can have them at regular price."

I had a grandmother would wouldn't say no to her kid picking up warhammer 40k stuff once. I rather gleefully told her that no there were no discounts. LOL

Comment

Working...
    X