This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Target...wow!

Ok I hate shopping. I especially hate Christmas shopping. Top that with a massive loathing for big box type shopping centers, you can guess how happy I was to have to hit up Target last Friday.

I gotta say kids, I had one of the best experiences I've had shopping in a very long time. The parking lot wasn't bad (got about mid way back), the store was really clean, the sales people were wonderful (especially with my stupid questions) and the lil gal at check out was so pleasant and helpful I just about fell over! I shouldn't be surprised but it was so nice this time of year if that makes sense??

When I went back in last night to make returns, the kid behind the counter was a dream. He was laughing over the fact that I kept saying I was sorry (I thought I had all my returns in a row but spaced on one...felt horrid that I tossed it in after the fact). He didn't mind and thanked me for being so nice through out it. Heh had to pimp the site here and told him how greatful I was for his help and great attitude.

Seriously, I hate to sound like an ad here but I haven't had such a great experiance in a long time (DBF like his wally world) that I just had to tell you guys. If you're in Omaha, it's the one on 129th & Center.

How do I go about letting that Target know as well? I hate to use PFB but I don't just want to let this slide. The people there deserve to know they were awesome. Thanks all!!
    Today was going to be just one of those days...you know, full of zombies.

I like Target. Too bad the closest one is half an hour away and they have no plans to build in my city for the foreseeable future.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

If you want to let Target know they did a good job, I'd suggest looking up their website, there should be something there where you can contact corporate and let them know the employees of that store did a good job.

By the by, I'm in Omaha, too! I may well have to consider switching where I shop, as the stores nearby are... well, not sucky, but not great either.
      You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

That's what I did about a great experience at KFC the other day. I looked up the website & left a note with corporate about how nice they were (FYI: the KFC in Gettysburg, PA). I tried to do the same with the hotel but the corporate contact online just dead ended when I put in the city. I finally called and left a message.
        I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

This is kinda spooky... I just came over to the "praising customers and colleagues" part of the board, ready to say how great my (brief) visit to Target was today - and what do I find posted here?!

Okay, so this is an Australian Target, but yes, the concept is basically similar to the United States version. So often I have found Target an "average" place to shop. Today, however...

I had just been looking in about 5 different stores for a particular style of photo frame without luck. Now, I was a bit hesitant to traipse around Target looking for something I wasn't even sure they sold. So, I decided to ask the door greeter if they sold photo frames, and not only did he tell me that they did, but he gave me precise instructions on where they were located, right down to their exact location in the home-wares department.

The employee I spoke to in the department was friendly and gave clear, good answers to my one or two questions. Finally, at the registers, the cashier seemed super pleasant and friendly for this time of year.

So, yeah, go Target!

Comment

Quoth Lil Bunny View Post
            How do I go about letting that Target know as well? I hate to use PFB but I don't just want to let this slide. The people there deserve to know they were awesome. Thanks all!!
            Target Guest Relations is 1-800-440-0680. I have to write it down at least once a day for people who want to complain. Specifically, if you look at a receipt under the payment, where it says 'receipt id#', it will be x-xxxx-XXXX-xxxx-xxxx-x. That bold number is the store number, though you can also just give the city name at the very top under the Target logo.

Gee, I wonder where I work...
            It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

I like Target, they have pleasant employees and good stuff. It's easy to shop there, they are helpful without being on customer service hyperdrive.
              Secret Shopper RN

Comment

store level management should get a lot of credit for a visit like that, they're the ones who got the right personnel in place and treated them right to keep them happy, some stores do little things like let their employees have free snacks/drinks that improve morale enough that they'll see more than their money back.

don't get me wrong, the hourlies are the key piece of the puzzle, but without good leadership a store will go to hell fast

Comment

Quoth matty View Post
                  Okay, so this is an Australian Target, but yes, the concept is basically similar to the United States version. So often I have found Target an "average" place to shop. Today, however...
                  Aussie Target was so friendly! I wonder if you're speaking of the same Target we visited.
                  (and lots cleaner than Target at home).

LZ

Comment

About the nice customer service guy...when people say sorry to me, I just tell them that if they didn't have returns, I wouldn't have a job. They seem to appreciate that. I'm all like, "Why are you sorry? This is my job!"

Comment

Wow, that sounds great. Target is one of those stores I've really been wanting to go to due to their assortment of plus-sized clothing, but even the nearest one is too far away from where I live.

It's rainin', rainin', on the streets of New York City.

Comment

Working...
                      X