This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One thing I love about my work...

The other day I called for two members of IES to help a customer with a carryout, and you know who were the first too to arrive? The Store Manager and my departments Assistant Manager. I work in a very large store, and while I've worked under managers who are very helpful, I've never seen any SM's so ready to do the most menial of tasks.

What makes it better is that after that I had six more people come up and ask if there was still a carryout. The customer I was helping then laughed and said it was nice to know that if she ever needed help, she wouldn't have to worry about it.
    "I just figured you would be terrified, and I would be sarcastic about it."

Your managers are smart. Little things like that make customers very happy.
    "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
      Your managers are smart. Little things like that make customers very happy.
      As well as keeping the staff happy as well, happy staff makes for happy customers!
      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

exactly. I'll admit that i never loved my job at the grocery store but the trick to keeping everythign going smoothly is put on a smile even if you feel depressed and emo under it.

Comment

Working...
        X